G rosea breaks her 18 month fast!!!

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've written a few times, bragged even about my big, grizzly old G rosea who hadn't eaten since 08/07. Well, she finally ate. No molt, no dud sac, no nuthin' to explaine why she went all anorexic on me. Of note though is that mostly I had been offering her B dubia which she would sort of paw, hold down and eventually let go without striking. She did the same at different times with crickets, superworms and B lateralis too. It was a B lateralis that she finally took though.

It's weird cuz i'm actually a little sad. It was my favorite story to tell guests to my spider room; "See this big girl here? She hasn't eaten in about 18 months..."

"Why? I guess she's not hungry."

rochin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
woow she finally ate!!!!!!! well it will be nice if you post some pics of her!!! pliss {D

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow, even for an animal that can fast for a long time, that is a really long time lol.

now, if my rosea would follow in the same foosteps...

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
woow she finally ate!!!!!!! well it will be nice if you post some pics of her!!! pliss {D

Okeydokey. This was taken a few months ago... She looks exactly the same now.

Boanerges

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Congrats on the fact that she just ate!!! She doesn't look like she has been fasting though (which is always good). My older female rosea does the same thing but never loses any noticable weight either. I swear she fasts more then she eats.