G. Pulchripes sling won't kill prey anymore

iky nikki

Arachnopeon
My Chaco won't go after food anymore... So I figured it's not hungry. But it eats the crushed crickets I leave... Que Paso!? Lol :|

iky nikki

Arachnopeon
About an inch.. Trying to feed it at least twice a week... Do u think it could be temperature conditions?

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
About an inch.. Trying to feed it at least twice a week... Do u think it could be temperature conditions?
Uhm, more like being full and/or close to a molt, I guess. Got a picture of the little guy? Twice a week is a lot and they'll usually stop eating alltogether once full....

rockhopper

Arachnosquire
I feed mine twice a week so I don't think its over fed or anything. I'd try to hold off for a week and see what happens. Maybe its not very hungry but won't pass up a meal just sitting in front of it. :)

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
I would suggest aiming to maintain a particular opisothoma size, although I cant be more specific than this. I honestly dont know how large the abdomen should be for most T's, and dont know if it varies wildly between species. I generally aim for 1.5x - 2x volume of the cephalothorax(sp?).

But as a general guideline, i suggest feeding it prey items/ dead crickets that have equal volume to the abdomen. Depending on the temperature of the enclosure would determine how often you can feed it. From my limited experience, if you can maintain 80F twice a week should be sufficient. Up here in the frozen north where temp ranges currently vary from 68F - 74F I find one adult cricket leg to be sufficient for my 1"DLS brachy's. My Lasiodora can handle a small cricket per week at these temps.

When I was using a hot box to keep my slings at ~80F, I could feed the aforementioned T's twice per week, with slightly smaller offerings each time.

iky nikki

Arachnopeon
Uhm, more like being full and/or close to a molt, I guess. Got a picture of the little guy? Twice a week is a lot and they'll usually stop eating alltogether once full....
this is my first time tryna feed him since about a week ago photoijo].jpg

Ludedor24

FangzTv
Old Timer
its a little fuzzy but Ide say premolt...that abdomen looks to be a solid dark color

rockhopper

Arachnosquire
Definitely well fed and the abdomen is looking pretty dark. I've had Ts that eat the day before a molt so just because its eating the pre-killed doesn't mean a molt isn't approaching.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Way fat. Big Booty. Keep it moist and see if it doesn't start going shiny. It might not be able to comfortably move and grab crickets!

Marga

Theist 17

Arachnosquire
Looks like premolt to me. My G. pulchripes is about one instar ahead of yours, from the look of things, and it looked fairly similar to that last picture in premolt.

Speaking of, mine just started premolt behavior in the last couple days. Hopefully, we'll both see some molts in the next few weeks!