G. pulchripes sling molt progression pics

ElevenBravo

Arachnopeon
I purchased this sling on Jan. 9th of this year and im not sure if it molted the first day I had it or if it was already there in its deli cup I wish I would have kept that molt but I did not.

The first molt in this pic is the first that im sure happened in my care. This was April the first. On Apr 12th I placed him in a temperature controlled cabinet that stays within a degree of 81F. With an average humidity of 60% I have five thermometers a hygrometer and a Raytech temp gun to make sure my babies stay happy.

The next molt happened on May 23rd my birthday.

The last molt in this pic was today June 22nd it was still whitish when I removed the molt for the photo.

There is a ladybug for comparison and the carapace from todays molt is above the ladybug.

I will let it harden for a week and take a pic of the spider. I also have pics after each of these molts I just dont know if I have enough space to store them. I will post them when I post a pic of the spider in his new clothes.

ElevenBravo

Arachnopeon
You are correct this tiny Ts biggest fear has to be missing a meal. I will admit though I am still new to Ts (6mos) I still learning how much to feed them to keep them from getting the badunka dunk syndrome heh.

vickywild

Arachnoknight
My G.Pulchripes sling arrives today! I'm so excited, even moreso after seeing this thread. :clap:

ElevenBravo

Arachnopeon
Slings are really cool I have really enjoyed raising him/her and watching it grow. I plan to keep posting pics as he molts.

derdom

Arachnopeon
Excellent pics ElevenBravo mine looks like the one in your second pic (on the finger). With so many of us newbies out there choosing them to start a collection this is very good info to see.

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Awww...so cute! Starting to see the banding on the legs. I got my G. pulchripes Chiquita when she was already 4" so I didn't get to enjoy her transformation, however, I have a rosie sling, 5 A. versi slings, and 4 P. irminia slings and I can tell you this....it doesn't take much feeding for slings that size to get the "bedunka-dunk"....lol. I fed my rosie one baby cricket and one small piece of mealworm in a span of 5 days and she definitely had a little bounce to her bedunka!:}

ElevenBravo

Arachnopeon
It is harder when they are young sometimes you think you have a tick instead of a tarantula lol.

A skull :eek: that would be a very large Chaco I would not mind though.