G.Pulchra

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hi all,
as some of you may know on saturday i went to buy another T and ended up buying a 3" G.Pulchra (Brazilian Black). I was just wondering if the people who own onme of these have experienced heavy webbing from them, i thought because they are a Grammastola sp they would be boring and only eat and move once a year, but since i brought HER she has ate 3 hoppers, webbed almost anywhere she can and is really active. Im surte the webbing is not because of the substrate because its a mix of soil n vermiculite and she even webs on my hand when i handle her. Anybody else expreience the same?thanks
tom

T-Harry

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Can't say that I've ever seen my G. pulchra doing any webbing.
But like my other Grammostola (a rosea) she's eating fine und also burrows a lot.

8 legged freak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
taorchard - i don't own a G. pulchra but i do have a G. rosea, my friend also has one and his rosea also webs an awful lot and even webs on your hand when you pick her up! i don't know if it's a problem and i don't think it is, i just think that some T's have different "personalities", my G. rosea seems to have a different "personality" to other roseas i have came in contact with :p she will only eat a certian type of cricket and size :rolleyes: she's a bit picky, so i don't think it's something to worry about :)

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My G.pulchra has done alot of webbing. Its like its mission to web all the dirt together in its container. Mines about a moult smaller than yours :)

Keith Richard

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My girl recently molted to just under 5". She is quite active but only webs to lay food mat. I think you'll find that once the little fellow settles into its new home, it'll become less and less active. She's always a good eater....and very dainty in the process.

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My pulchra is such a sweety! It is always visible, except when getting ready to molt. Not much of a webber, but like rosehaired said, it does tangle a layer of substrate together, usually connected to its hide. It often walks with its abdomen in the air for some reason. It is also about 3 inches now, and when I got it, it was abt 1.75 inches (two molts). Turns increasing darker with each molt, but not the real jet black yet. Can anyone can comment on the color of their G pulchra? Is it dark brown or black?

Beccas_824

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't have a G. pulchra-but I do have two other grammostalas (rosea, and aureostriata) My G. rosea has webbed a lot since I changed out her substrate a few months agao. Its all over the ground. all over her hide. My G. aureostriata hardly webs at all-even when she goes to molt she just puts down a small layer as a molt mat. I guess every T is different and some like putting donw web more than others.

Fini

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've only had my G. pulchra for 12 days so my observations are pretty green. She was pretty active the first few days I had her. She's eaten three times, and when I came home from work this afternoon, she had molted!!! :eek: Everything looks to have gone well. But one other thing I noticed is that she did quite a bit of webbing either just before or after the molt. She didn't web along the sides of the container but all over the substrate. I'll post pictures soon.

C

Czalz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have 2 G. pulchras, and mine are rather active. I don't know where they got the reputation for never moving; although I think they do slow down as they get older.
As for the webbing; mine don't do that very much except perhaps making a small mat of webbing in front (or beside) of their "cave".