G.pulchra

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Who said G. pulchra have attitude? Like just about all Grammostola, they're pretty much a pet rock most of the time.

Very pretty, though.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Your T needs a new home, that container is not suitable for it to thrive.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Your T needs a new home, that container is not suitable for it to thrive.
What @viper69 said: Please give your tarantula a proper enclosure. This is just sad.
Do we know that this is not just a container?

If I take pictures, the tarantula is usually not in their normal environment. They are on a wood board or on my carpet. It looks like an attempted enclosure, sure. Dirt and a backdrop to make a display. But we don't know that it's not just a container. Looks quite similar to what the entomology lab had in college for (temporarily) displaying specimens.

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
Hip-up pose
Why do you act that way?
Your G. pulchra needs a bigger house with more substrate, a place to hide, and a water dish. It is probably in that pose because it doesn’t like its current conditions.

Does this help?

Shannon1978

Arachnopeon
I think he is asking why the T is standing that way. He's unsure of what the position or posture of the tarantula means.

Looks like a feeding stance to me.

But I agree with everyone else, if that is infact it's permanent enclosure....needs a better set up

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
@Jubum
Google에서 조언을 제공하기 위해 번역을 시도했습니다. @WolfSoon의 게시물을 한국어로 번역했습니다.
(I tried Google translate to give advice. I translated the post of @WolfSoon into Korean)
당신의 G. pulchra는 더 많은 기질, 숨길 곳, 물 요리가있는 커다란 집이 필요합니다. 현재 상태가 마음에 들지 않기 때문에 아마도 그 자세에있을 것입니다.

dangsin-ui G. pulchraneun deo manh-eun gijil, sumgil gos, mul yoligaissneun keodalan jib-i pil-yohabnida. hyeonjae sangtaega ma-eum-e deulji anhgi ttaemun-e amado geu jaseeiss-eul geos-ibnida.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
That pose looks like it was taken during or immediately after some hair kicking. Facing the wall with butt up. That’s all I can think of.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Do we know that this is not just a container?

If I take pictures, the tarantula is usually not in their normal environment. They are on a wood board or on my carpet. It looks like an attempted enclosure, sure. Dirt and a backdrop to make a display. But we don't know that it's not just a container. Looks quite similar to what the entomology lab had in college for (temporarily) displaying specimens.

Good point, just an assumption for now.

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
I hope my reply wasn’t too assumptive. When asked if that was the G. pulchra’s home in the photo, the OP replied “House” which I took to mean “yes.” But that was another assumption. :rolleyes: Hope he comes back but I think we did scare him. :clown: