G. pulchra Not Webbing

Mitchel

Arachnosquire
I'm sorry, this has to be the 10,000th post I've made today.
Like I've mentioned, I just got a G. pulchra over the weekend (my first T). She just molted a few hours ago, and seems to be doing fine. She's starting to get used to her enclosure, but I noticed she hasn't been webbing at all. Does that mean she's still not entirely comfortable, yet? Or should I be concerned?

Killertut

Arachnosquire
my pulchra doesnt web at all.
the small amount of web in her enclosure is of a gbb that was staying in it before i rehoused it (shame on me, i did not clean it properly)

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Not all tarantulas web. In fact, most tarantulas don't heavily web at all. Grammostola are some of the least webbing spiders I've owned, often forgoing even a molting mat.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It can take Ts weeks or even months to adjust to a new enclosure.

Also, your T just molted *a few hours ago*... she won't be hardened from that molt and fully functioning for DAYS. Don't try to feed until the fangs are solid black, in case no one has advised you of that.

G. pulchra also aren't big webbers. Does the T have a hide and enough sub to burrow if they choose?

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
As already stated, pulchras don't web that much. They'd be much more likely to burrow than web. And the fact that it hasn't done either is to be expected, especially considering you've only had it for a few days and it molted earlier. Just give it time to settle in.

This was also already stated, but don't offer it food until it's hardened after the molt. This could be a few days to a couple weeks depending on the tarantula's size.

Mitchel

Arachnosquire
It can take Ts weeks or even months to adjust to a new enclosure.

Also, your T just molted *a few hours ago*... she won't be hardened from that molt and fully functioning for DAYS. Don't try to feed until the fangs are solid black, in case no one has advised you of that.

G. pulchra also aren't big webbers. Does the T have a hide and enough sub to burrow if they choose?
Yes, she has a hide and plenty of sub.