G Pulchra Molting

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is my baby, Ms. Black Pearl. She weaved herself a huge molt matt and then couldn't turn herself over. I oh-so-carefully picked her up and placed her back on her matt. Then the fun began. This was just yesterday, now she is resting her beautiful, silky black booty.

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That last picture always makes me think of someone passed out drunk after a weekend of fun. {D
Congrats on the molt!

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That last picture always makes me think of someone passed out drunk after a weekend of fun. {D
Congrats on the molt!
Thank the Goddess I no longer have to drink!!! :D

I suspect her "hangover" is a lot bigger than a boozer. I always try to imagine what it would be like to have to crawl out of my entire old skin. Gives a whole new meaning to the term "rebirth!" :eek:

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That blue-black is really a gorgeous color to see. Of course, pulchera are gorgeous anyways!!

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is my girl's post-molt new duds, finally hardened up enough for me to hold her. Penny's mom said it right I just love her blue-black color.

Last edited:

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Isn't is great when a pulchra finally decides to moult? She is lovely!! Love the name, the bigger of my two girls is named that as well, Black Pearl. The smaller one is named Morticia.

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
She is stunning! Congratulations.

My big pulchra refused food the other day which is very unlike her, so I think a moult may be pending.

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She is gorgeous. How big is she?

Can't wait for my little girl to get that size.

With the amount of food items these consume between moults you would think they should grow faster.

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She is gorgeous. How big is she?

Can't wait for my little girl to get that size.

With the amount of food items these consume between moults you would think they should grow faster.
Aw shucks, thanks! She's a good 6 inches. Yeah, they surprisingly don't seem to grow that much with each molt. My girl is older though and I'm sure she has reached her mature size.

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Shhhhhh! My little girl moulted about an hour ago. lol

Can't wait to see her do the stretch, and get an approximate size. The skin is a little over 3".

This has to be one of my most favorite T's in my collection. She is the most curious when doing maintenance, in a non threatning mannner.

Note: Would post photo but can't seem to shrink them small enough to meet arachnoboards requirements.

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Shhhhhh! My little girl moulted about an hour ago. lol

Can't wait to see her do the stretch, and get an approximate size. The skin is a little over 3".

This has to be one of my most favorite T's in my collection. She is the most curious when doing maintenance, in a non threatning mannner.

Note: Would post photo but can't seem to shrink them small enough to meet arachnoboards requirements.
How did she do? I know exactly what you mean about not being able to shrink photos. I am constantly frustrated in that dept. Can you post a "Thumb Size" print?

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She is doing fine, but still has not left her clay pot yet.

I'll try to take some photos later, and try to post one or two.

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
congrats

very nice pics,great looking t
mine also molted in the last few weeks,and they don't seem to gain much leg length on a molt
i will post a pic(although i have posted before,i was also excited as she is my fave as well)

andy

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You've got a gorgeous one there too. Who would think that a solid black could be so stunning? What size tank do you keep her in and how much humidity?