1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G. pulchra, interesting problem

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by curiousme, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Tim Benzedrine

Tim Benzedrine Prankster Possum Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    As you may recall, not having much to post about never stopped me! :D

I slithered around in the Watering Hole a lot more then, of course.

2. darkness975

darkness975 Dream Reaper Arachnosupporter

Time to build it back up ;)

3. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoprince Active Member

I would be careful with applying anything on the patch, since anything put on it can also travel to the mouthparts and or booklungs. Pushing for a molt seems the right thing to do, but that could be far off.
    @cold blood could have something to add maybe?

4. cold blood

cold blood Arachnoemperor Active Member

Not really...never seen anything like it...its not blood, or hemolymph, as its both clear and lacking in clotting ability. Adding something to an unknown is a real risk...although petroleum jelly is probably not much of a risk.

5. Okay, so this guy got a photo shoot today. I tried unsuccessfully to wrap a bit of coban around it. I decided against gauze and tried the coban because it sticks to itself. Great idea, but it wasn't going to happen, because the amount of room I had to work it around. If he had been bigger, I'm fairly certain I could have done it. So, one thing tried and failed. I'm not sure what the point of putting petroleum jelly on it would be. It would just get substrate suck to it and then I couldn't see the spot anymore. I'm going to veto that one, but thanks for the idea.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. EulersK

EulersK Arachnoengineer Arachnosupporter

I'm with you on the Vaseline. Well, just keep a very close eye on it. Maybe take a picture every week or so to ensure it doesn't get worse without you noticing - that way you'll have something to look back on. If the abdomen starts to get really irritated, you'll need to do something. Not sure what that something is, yet.