Funny thing happened the other day...

ChanTheMan

Arachnopeon
My tarantula had a little dirt on her carapace so I carefully removed it with a pair of tweezers. I could almost hear her saying "thank you" afterwards.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Had this happen with one of my genics a while back, wanted to add some more sub into the enclosure(bad idea when the spiders in there) so I dropped it in from about fifteen inches(in height) or so over the opposite side of the enclosure where the T was not. She immediately turned and ran towards the disturbance just in time to go right where I was putting the sub...I ended up showering her in earth lol, carapace was completely covered.

She stopped moving, looking so confused and displeased...there was no way I could get the sub off her with my tongs, she would have just gone after them.

Anyway, heres the interesting part, the next day I checked up on her and she was as clean as a whistle. Must've spent the entire night grooming...but it was like the whole thing had never happened, I was sure she would still have remnants of the dirt on her...but nothing.

Thought that was interesting.