Funny story of massive cricket escape

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Noise interferes with my sleep, and it drives me crazy if I hear a noise long enough.
Why many don’t bother keeping crickets the chirps like so annoying, plus breeding them is tedious.
Catching loose crickets is near impossible, sounds like a mission impossible vs loose crickets movie!!!:astonished::peeking:

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
This happened to me on my lunch break at work. Went to a local pet store to get some crickets. Got back to the office and went to put the crickets in an empty water bottle that I usually modify to keep them until I get home. The hole in the bag was awkward so when I went to pour the crickets in they started shooting out all over the floor. I tried to pick them up but they started hopping everywhere. I got most of them, so I thought. Throughout the day I saw crickets walking on the wall or around my desk. That sucked haha!

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Why do yall have such issues with loose crickets?? Lol. Crickets in the house are supposed to be lucky, don't you know :p

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Why do yall have such issues with loose crickets?? Lol. Crickets in the house are supposed to be lucky, don't you know :p
I'm usually good with keeping an eye on the cricket container on feeding day too. One day I was cleaning my condensate pump for AC unit and I found two pet store crickets that drowned in it. Sometimes I find them dead, blackened in my pet room. Crickets are my hell.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm usually good with keeping an eye on the cricket container on feeding day too. One day I was cleaning my condensate pump for AC unit and I found two pet store crickets that drowned in it. Sometimes I find them dead, blackened in my pet room. Crickets are my hell.
I didn't mean it as "How do yall have crickets escaping so much?"... I meant it as, "What is the big deal with a few escaped crickets?" Lol

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Oh, haha. I just see it as a personal thing that irks me. Rather have my "bugs" contained, ya kno?

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
I don't know how this didnt come to my mind immediately but better late than never. The senior class a few years ago (my junior year of high school) decided to play a prank, and they ordered thousands of crickets directly from the cricket farm, and released them in the school bathrooms. We were finding crickets in corners of our classes and if you went in the bathroom they were everywhere. They ended up locking all the bathrooms for a few days and bug bombing them. I don't think anyone was actually caught but they did find the box the crickets were delivered in and I remember that the farm wasnt too far from where I live.