Funny Mother vs. Spider story

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I am on my comp last night and all of a sudden a hear a scream from the back of the house and then, "Dwayne, get back here now", was screamed. I rushed to the back room, where my mom is on her comp and get curled up on a ball with a priceless look on her face, pointing to spider on the floor. She was saying how she was just typing then all of sudden she felt tickles on her foot, she looked down the notice a 2" Tangeneria (sp.) "common house spider" about an inch from her foot. It was soo cute I told her. She was nuh huh, get rid of it. I said I am gonna keep it. She was sooo disgusted that a "huge" spider had walked across here foot.

Can anyone give me info on the spider? toxicity, species, and so on?

Well here is the little cutie....I think it's female, which is bizzare, since only the males usually wonder.

I still have it... hehe

Last edited:

ghost_tomb

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
looks like a girl to me.
Pretty sure that their harmless make cool webs (tunnel web spider) great feeders i've fed mine crickets that were as big as it was and it tackled them:)

CheckeredDemon

Arachnopeon
That's a female T. agrestis. Their venom has effects somewhat like a brown recluse, only it's a bit weaker. I have one, we get them all the time here, so I sometimes catch a couple, and keep them. I pretty much keep them in a small critter keeper with some dry soil on the bottom, and a few sticks, and mist the sticks every few days so ti can get water. They're viscious, you can pretty much feed them any size crickets, they'll take 'em down, no problem. :)

CheckeredDemon

Arachnopeon
Haha, honestly, they aren't THAT bad, and on the good side, if you keep them, they can't climb glass. Hell, they can't climb very well at all.

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
??? don't you keep tarantulas in the house? shouldn't she be used to spiders?
or is she like me... i can manage to touch and hold my 4 1/2" rosie and manage to have my hubby put my 3" curly on my arm... but my little slings (1/4 - 3/4") no way! they remind me too much of house spiders. i set up containers, feed (and slings containers get misted) them, but i do not touch - at least not untill they start looking like a tarantula (at least 2").
it is terrible to be an arachnophobe that is hooked on tarantulas :eek: .
dianne

guesskatiejules

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
mouse said:
it is terrible to be an arachnophobe that is hooked on tarantulas :eek: .dianne
I know what you mean! I think spiders are awesome, but every time I think I've gotten over that childhood fear of them, it pops up again. :mad:

Once, I was pulling down some garage doors at work when a spider (much like the one pictured in this thread) crawled onto my hand! I freaked out, and now I'm really embarrased about it. Especially since I was just in a pet store admiring the T they had...heehee :D

That's a gorgeous little spider, at any rate. You gonna keep her for long?

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
mouse said:
??? don't you keep tarantulas in the house? shouldn't she be used to spiders?
or is she like me... i can manage to touch and hold my 4 1/2" rosie and manage to have my hubby put my 3" curly on my arm... but my little slings (1/4 - 3/4") no way! they remind me too much of house spiders. i set up containers, feed (and slings containers get misted) them, but i do not touch - at least not untill they start looking like a tarantula (at least 2").
it is terrible to be an arachnophobe that is hooked on tarantulas :eek: .
dianne

My mom tolerates them and keeps her distance......a long one! LOL

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
guesskatiejules said:
I know what you mean! I think spiders are awesome, but every time I think I've gotten over that childhood fear of them, it pops up again. :mad:

Once, I was pulling down some garage doors at work when a spider (much like the one pictured in this thread) crawled onto my hand! I freaked out, and now I'm really embarrased about it. Especially since I was just in a pet store admiring the T they had...heehee :D

That's a gorgeous little spider, at any rate. You gonna keep her for long?
She is now offically apart of "my" family, even though my mom asks me everyday when "that devil" is going outside! YAY! She's so cool, I like her.