Funny encounter

InvertAddiction

Arachnoknight
I was doing my full tank cleaning of my leopard gecko and came across 15 or so pin head red runner roaches under a piece of her paper towel I have on the bottom of her tank. Apparently when I fed her one of my adult female roaches, it got away and I never noticed (the female must have been eaten cause she was nowhere in the tank when I removed everything), laid an ootheca (which was found close to the heat mat end). Found it kind of funny but perfect timing for some of my small slings to eat. So I have a separate container of pin heads currently chowing down on some dried oats lol.

InvertAddiction

Arachnoknight
I'm honestly sort of surprised this doesn't happen more often.
I tong feed her cause she kinda sucks at catching them on her own, and normally she only gets fed my males since they seem to easily take over but I've had way more females than males recently. First time this has happened. Although a few years back I somehow managed to hatch pin head crickets in my B. hamorii's enclosure. -_- that was a total nightmare trying to get all of the babies out without squishing them.