Fruit Fly control?

Wolvie56X

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well since ive been raising a colony of roaches, ive had some fruit fly problems, since i put in apples and roaches every now and then

so whats a good way to control them? i was thinking one of those sticky fly paper strips or maybe something cool like some venus fly traps

what would you use to control fruit flies?

Walter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Same problem here!
Till now I just change the fruits when I see couple of fruit flies around.

Wolvie56X

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i think ill try both, unless anyone has any other suggestions

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
I have the same prob round fruit beetles and roach's but as it is i can use them all and still have to leave some fruit in jars to keep the little buggers going for sling's, paper's work fine against them if you have no need of them.

Tamara

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Heya
I run a restaurant and lounge, and in the heat of the summer the cut limes and fruit always attract fruit flies. The best way I know of to keep their numbers down is to put out a glass with about a 1/2 oz of red wine in it (rye whiskey also works). This doesn't actually solve the problem (I don't think we will win this battle and eradicate them), but the flies can't resist the wine and they fly into it and drown. Change the wine every day because it's the vapors that attract them. Can you put some wine where the flies are? If it's in an aquarium that may be difficult.
Good luck
Tamara

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Beer works as well. Also, mix in a little liquid soap and it becomes a real death trap.

Wade