Frog Pictures.

limz_777

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well they all look well fed ,great job,btw do you own a malayan horn frog?

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Anyone got any magic toads? ;P {D I had a guy come into Petco asking if we can get them.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There is a site online I found that offers sexed pairs for $250 american. here are some pics of my new possible pair (they look very different from eachother) of Scaphiophryne gottlebei.

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thier amazing frogs. I love them they look pretty tasty... have to get some;P What species are they?

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry it was too early for me to do latin names I guess! lol I edited it so it is correct now. Also I have some pictures of my new frog.. it's name so far seems to be Snot. Thanks alot Nick! hahaha

Does anyone notice the two rows of what looks almost like baseball stitching looping under the eye areas down to the top lip. Could those be some sort of sensory thing for the frog? or is it just a strange feature of the skin?

nickbachman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
awesome! how big is he? he'd really like an aquatic setup, you should give it a shot.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
its the same size as yours.. it has a deep pond in the tank.. I just read that its best to offer them both or they can develop skin problems. I am going to make a nice tank for it with the best of both worlds I think.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Arachnophilist: I'm pretty sure those are part of the lateral line system that these frogs use to sense changes in pressure in their aquatic environs. They come from temporary pools in Paraguay. I've heard they should be kept for a few months in an aquatic enviroment and the aestivated in damp substrate.

nickbachman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
its the same size as yours.. it has a deep pond in the tank.. I just read that its best to offer them both or they can develop skin problems. I am going to make a nice tank for it with the best of both worlds I think.
Adults should be in an aquatic setup (with a small land area) from March to September, and placed in a terrestrial setup from October to February so they can aestivate. Not allowing adults to aestivate can lead to respiratory problems. Juveniles do not need to aestivate, and they should be kept in a mostly water setup. They're not pacmen or pyxies.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah I just read that.. well I will get it set in a nice aquatic setup then. what all have you been feeding yours? mine is hangin out in its pool I will make a tank up for it tomorrow.

nickbachman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah I just read that.. well I will get it set in a nice aquatic setup then. what all have you been feeding yours? mine is hangin out in its pool I will make a tank up for it tomorrow.
Awesome. Your frog will love you for it. I've been feeding mine rosey reds and crickets.

nickbachman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
this is right when i got him and i wasnt sure if he'd take to the water or not, since the pet shop had him in nearly none. since then, i've taken out the pot and pushed the land back a bit to give him more swimming room.