[Warning] Frankie_Dank (Francis Massella)

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
Never contacted me either !

Hoping the Post office Investigator can help , but looks like Frankie has just flat out ripped us off . I wish the Admins would let us know his email so we could contact him directly .

**UPDATE**

If you were scammed by Frankie_Dank and your transaction involved using the USPS in any way go to :

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms/MailFraudComplaint.aspx

Please file a complaint and help prevent this person from taking anymore money from honest Arachnoboard members . Thanks , Boris .

Last edited:

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The only problem is that "Francis Masella" is his name or his girlfriends name?

I have read somewhere that he was asking for money orders in her girlfriends name... and thats the name I sent the money order to.

Or should we not care and just fill the complain to that name because anyway my money order was sent to that person,it was cashed, and I didnt receive anything.

bwd

Arachnopeon
I filled it out with the info I had. If they look into it, I'm sure they'll sort it out.

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
Complain with the info you have

The post office guy told me to use the info that was written on the money order that you sent . Also be sure to include the money order number . That will make it easier for them to straighten things out . If it is his girlfriends name then she's just as responsible as he is .

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the update and the info, Obviously is time to take some kind of action because this guy doesent seem like is going to make things right.

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
I know what he's gonna do

He's gonna rejoin the board under a new name and continue on with his devious little ways . Once a person has gotten the taste for stealing they normally don't quit . I can assure you that he has already come back and seen these posts , and I'm sure that he thinks that this is very funny . Seeing all these posts about him and what he's done must be very entertaining to him . It's kinda like an ego thing where a criminal commits a crime just to see it in the paper . You know , " look at what I did , and no one can touch me ."

~ All I can say is that as a good rule of thumb , only deal with individuals that use PayPal . And don't solely relay on a person's reviews to decide if they are trustworthy. Frankie has several very positive reviews ~ .

The thing that bothers me the most is that he doesn't even have the guts to respond all the negative things that have written about him . How spineless can you be ?

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I`m amazed that the postal inspector can not get this guy since he seems to be scamming a good number of people.Maybe the fraud division of the local PD where he resides can help.

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
He's gonna rejoin the board under a new name and continue on with his devious little ways . Once a person has gotten the taste for stealing they normally don't quit . I can assure you that he has already come back and seen these posts , and I'm sure that he thinks that this is very funny . Seeing all these posts about him and what he's done must be very entertaining to him . It's kinda like an ego thing where a criminal commits a crime just to see it in the paper . You know , " look at what I did , and no one can touch me ."

~ All I can say is that as a good rule of thumb , only deal with individuals that use PayPal . And don't solely relay on a person's reviews to decide if they are trustworthy. Frankie has several very positive reviews ~ .

The thing that bothers me the most is that he doesn't even have the guts to respond all the negative things that have written about him . How spineless can you be ?
he has scammed some people, but not all good people use paypal so don't lump them all together. Personally I am a money order guy myself:)

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
Meant no offense

I wasn't trying to say that all money order people are scammers or that all PayPal people aren't , it's just after weeks of dealing with the post office I decided that their dispute resolution policies aren't exactly up to snuff . PayPal on the other hand does make getting your money back much easier , because they verify personal and bank account info . And being able to instantly transfer the money makes getting the shipping process moving much quicker . I'm sorry if you thought I was calling all money order takers dishonest . That was never my intention and I meant no insult !

To be honest , I meant the post to be something that any man with a shred of personal dignity couldn't overlook . Frankie_Dank ripped off a lot people and I figured he would have to respond . I know that I wouldn't stand for being called a coward . Are ya hearing me Frankie ?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Paypal isn't exactly foolproof, either. They wouldn't do jack for me when I got ripped off a couple years ago.

I had to contact the credit card company (I paid through paypal with a credit card) and they were the ones to investigate and award me my money back.

The_Sandman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Paypal isn't exactly foolproof, either. They wouldn't do jack for me when I got ripped off a couple years ago.

I had to contact the credit card company (I paid through paypal with a credit card) and they were the ones to investigate and award me my money back.
i agree im a certified member for many years on PP and i got robbed . they did nothing for me either. but if it something you purchase on ebay they do a better job of taking care of the problem . also i had to go through my CC company to get my money back .
IMO:its a leap of faith purchasing on line from a private party. i try to purchase from private parties as close to home as possible ,just in case i have to go to there House and pick up my money;) but sometimes i take a chance if the person is far away.
on a side note , im sorry about the loss . karma has a weird way of working so he/she will get his eventually.

KadeshAvic

Arachnopeon
Has he still had no contact with anyone?

I myself am very confused, as i sent him a money order ($30) and got a P. irminia and P. cambridgei. Alive and well. They came in vials with loose dirt everywhere which was very strange to me.

Is it possible he honestly traded with a few of us, to hurt many more after he got his reviews?

I feel bad for those of you who got the short end of the stick.

I don't get it :?

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
Dirt ?

The vials were packed in dirt or the box just had a bunch of loose dirt in it ? That's very odd .

As far as my dealing with Frankie went , first he keep telling me that the money order never showed up . Then there was supposedly some medical thing with his grandma . Then the communications just stopped . I don't know what the deal is ? I've been contacted by several members that he burned. Some told me that they entered into a trade and after shipping their T's he never shipped his or that they sent him a money order and never got the T's or slings that he promised. Very F'dup in my opinion . :embarrassed:
The weirdest thing is that the name he gave Francis Massella might be is his girlfriends name . He told a couple of people that he has no ID and can't cash checks or money orders . So he asked them to send the money orders to his girlfriend . I think that the guy is just con man who saw an easy way to make a few bucks .

The_Dude

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Anybody know about this?

Ok so I sent Frankie_Dank some money for some of his Versicolors almost a month ago. Now when I sent him messages, I get a prompt saying his inbox is full. So did this guy just take the money and run or does anybody know if he has ran into some misfortune? Any news would be much appreciated.

Blake

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
Sorry to say

But it seems like many others he took your money too . After this thread was started he seems to have stop coming to the boards . I don't think that I've seen his name in the " visited today section" for at least two or three weeks now . Since his message folder is full he can't receive anymore until he clears some out . So there is no way to contact him . If you look a few posts earlier in the thread you'll see the link that I posted to complain to the USPS about him . But , I wouldn't hold my breath .

KadeshAvic

Arachnopeon
Sorry for the delay.

I think there was newspaper or packing peanuts, but then there were vials (50 dram maybe?) and the spiders i believe were in there with a bunch of lose dirt surrounding them... I dont think there was even paper towel. Box was insulated w/ styro though.

Whats frustrating is this guy clearly IS in the tarantula hobby, as he had at least two psalmo's to give away... this was the "FREE" deal where i just payed shipping.

Pathetic. :confused:

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Update

It has come to our attention that the user "arborealTs" is signing in to this site using the same computer as "Frankie_Dank". Please note that this does NOT mean that they are the same person.

I have messaged arborealTs to find out further information and am awaiting a reply. I do see that they have posted in the classified's section, so please be wary.

If I find out anything further, I will post an update again.

Debby

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Well I heard back from arborealTs and this was their response:

arborealTs said:
hello,

just wanted to explain that frankie dank was my ex boyfriend.... we have separated and i kicked him out of my house. i had no idea that he was doing people harm on these boards and have received several PMs from those people... i have been explaining to them what the deal was... and now i understand what that warning was for.....

that computer is MINE not his... that fool is worthless

sorry for the misunderstanding

Liz
I have since responded back to them with the following:

Arachnopets said:
Hi Liz,

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that he had our members make the payment out to his "girlfriend". Not sure if that girlfriend was you or not, but whomever signed those money orders is liable for this whole mess. They can be in very big legal trouble should any of our members choose to pursue it in a court of law.

If you speak with him, you might want to inform him of the seriousness of this matter and convince him return everyone's money immediately to avoide any further legal action ...

Debby

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Any update on this guy anybody?

Have you seen him around or in any other site?

Thanks,
Fran

arborealTs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
after reading over this entire thread... which i have kind of been avoiding since i dont really like to think about frankie......

it was brought to my attention that some of the money orders that i cashed may be in question as some of the rip-offs that frankie did...

anyway my question for you guys is...

"Did any of the people who sent me (Elizabeth Clevenger) a Money Order, not receive their spiders?" if you have some way to show me that this is in fact true... i will replace with spiders out of my own personal collection...

im asking because i only cashed a few of them in the beginning when he first started trading and at that point he was still sending out packages at least two times per week... so anyway i am really hoping that anything with my name attached to it is going to come up clean...