1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found today please help

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Angel Frie, May 19, 2017.

1. Advertisement
    I found this today hiding in the high grass as we were mowing it is much bigger than any spider ever found here. Please help

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. BishopiMaster

BishopiMaster Arachnobaron Active Member

Its harmless, also what do you expect us to do, this is a forum of spider lovers, catch it and keep it, we'll help you set it up!;)

3. It is caught. It looks similar to a wolf spider but its not. Is it a tarantula?

4. BishopiMaster

Its not a tarantula, i actually recommend you post this in the True Spiders forum, as there is an actual difference between true spiders and tarantulas, one of them being that true spiders fangs hinge laterally, tarantula fangs hinge recripocally. Not to mention theyre not furry.

5. JoshDM020

JoshDM020 Arachnoknight Active Member

Not a tarantula. Ive caught one of those in my house in arkansas. Kept it for a few months and let it go. I dont know anything about em, but as similar as they look to wolf spiders, id say its some weird species closely related. Just re-locate it if ya dont want it

6. I want it i saw something on a site earlier about it being possibly a tarantula wolf spider but nit sure

7. BishopiMaster

Yeah thats just a name, it is not a tarantula

8. Yes i understand that

9. BishopiMaster

Youre really much better off posting this in the true spiders forum, those guys are more knowledgeable on spiders

10. I did after you mentioned it

11. BishopiMaster

Oh, sorry, good job

12. JoshDM020

JoshDM020 Arachnoknight Active Member

Are you freakin kidding me? When i caught mine i called it "the tarantuwolf" and was convinced i was clever. Now I'm just behind. Dang.
    Anyways, i just put mine in a 10 gallon tank with nothing else and threw in a big grasshopper every few days. It seemed fine, but the "true spider" group guys will probably find something wrong with it. Yeeaaars ago.

• Agree Agree x 1

Attached Files:

14. Here is what i found

Attached Files: