1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found this that might interest all!(awesome acrylic sealed insects/animals)

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by codykrr, Jun 21, 2012.

1. codykrr

codykrr Arachnoking Old Timer

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ahmet29992

Ahmet29992 Arachnopeon

Ooh... thank you... now let me see if I'll buy one... Got a looooot of computer mice.

3. mmfh

mmfh Arachnobaron

usa
    That mouse was neat but overall kind of a freaky site lol

4. Tmobo

Tmobo Arachnopeon

I saw that place on the new season of Taboo the other day. Neat!

5. ScarecrowGirl

ScarecrowGirl Arachnosquire

That web site is my new best friend! Dude so much awesome in one place!

6. Dr Acula

Dr Acula Arachnobaron

Hmm.. well I do need a new mouse for Diablo 3.. {D and why not a dinosaur skull to go along with it :D

7. codykrr

codykrr Arachnoking Old Timer

haha..I guess even to those keeping spiders its kinda weird..lol

I do(well have been) a little bit of taxidermy. not like shoulder mounts and things, but macerating deer,cow..mole..raccoon..ect skulls. its a different hobby..but a fun one.

8. Theist 17

Theist 17 Arachnosquire

One question, though. How are they getting these animals?

9. Ahmet29992

Ahmet29992 Arachnopeon

I think that they find them dead in the wild, read it somewhere on their site.

Ah, here it is.

"NOTE: These spiders were collected in the wild after death by natural causes and were not killed for this item. "

Source: http://www.skullsunlimited.com/record_variant.php?id=6880

10. Theist 17

Theist 17 Arachnosquire

That sounds. . . a little shaky at best. Where are these invertebrate graveyards, exactly?

11. Ahmet29992

Ahmet29992 Arachnopeon

Could be true, if they, for example have low sales. Who likes spiders anyway, yuck. Scary things. Don't wanna get killed if it bites me!

12. jreidsma

jreidsma Arachnobaron

:D

I looked around and found a spot on their about us page:
    http://www.skullsunlimited.com/index_aboutus.php
    "We do not condone and will not support poaching of animals, nor do we approve of destroying an animal solely for the purpose of gaining an osteological item. Our suppliers and their sources obtain osteological material from natural & predator deaths, road kills, food source by-products in exotic regions, legal hunting & trapping operations, and from attrition in zoological gardens. You can be assured of, and take comfort in knowing that your purchase conserve treasures and promote the ethical utilization of limited resources."

I noticed on the other items that not all the spider/invert items say "natural death" on it. Maybe an email will answer ;)

13. jreidsma

jreidsma Arachnobaron

Alrighty, through email I got the answer that they don't know if all the items are natural deaths. As they get them from another provider over seas.

None the less, they still look cool. If I get one though it will be one that says natural death on it.

Happy posting everyone

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012