Found a Pigeon

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
@Matttoadman - Those are yours?! :astonished:

I've always found pigeons to be very beautiful birds. I've never had any as pets, but I have rescued a few in my day. I once rescued a pigeon that was being attacked by a cat. It was definitely injured and struggling. I scared the cat off, and swept the poor thing up. I made it a towel nest with water and bird seed until we could get it to Wildlife Care Network, but it didn't make it. :( It really tore me up. I inspected it postmortem, and there were worms trying to get into the wounds. That messed me up even more. *shudder*

I've also rescued a great horned owl that had a pigeon stuck in its talons. That was...interesting. A mixture of amazement, honor, and sadness. We took that dude to the WCN and he was just fine.

I've saved many smaller birds and one baby sparrow that I fed mashed-up crickets until we could get it safe in the hands of professionals.

I think your family sounds pretty cool, @GingerC! I hope your guy does okay!!
Yes they are.....if you can claim birds kept at liberty. They are just a blend of breeds. However only 3 remain. This winter, the Hawks were tough on them.

Rachel22

Arachnopeon
Have you examined the pigeons droppings? The color and consistency of their droppings can indicate a bacterial infection or parasites.

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
True: but this is why I highly dislike them, even if I have nothing against :angelic:

Hands down IMO the best, lovely, funny, fluffy and "of peaceful" bird is the Vulture :kiss: doesn't exist a better bird, that bald head is lovely... one of my dreams is to see in Texas, Arizona or whatever, a Vulture eating the eye and the stomach of a dead man :pompous:

if thats your dream, head right on over to Buckeye Arizona!

Plenty of Condors/vultures out here, and no shortage of bodies being found thanks to the Cartel and its ever shrinking local body dump sites AKA underdeveloped but quickly becoming overdeveloped Buckeye.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
if thats your dream, head right on over to Buckeye Arizona!

Plenty of Condors/vultures out here, and no shortage of bodies being found thanks to the Cartel and its ever shrinking local body dump sites AKA underdeveloped but quickly becoming overdeveloped Buckeye.
You are lucky to live in such a naturalistic paradise! Evviva those generous Mexicans, like Los Zetas, that provide free fresh food for my Vulture friends, altough we have to admit that Chicago gangs aren't seconds on that... just that up there it's too cold for my Vulture friends :)

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
You are lucky to live in such a naturalistic paradise! Evviva those generous Mexicans, like Los Zetas, that provide free fresh food for my Vulture friends, altough we have to admit that Chicago gangs aren't seconds on that... just that up there it's too cold for my Vulture friends :)

Very True, though I'm sure there are plenty of stray wild coyotes up in and around the chicago area that love the Free food being thrown around abandoned dumpsters and back dirt lots.

but alas, yes, here in arizona we have plenty of vultures and plenty of bodies.

And while i agree it is a bit of a paradise, like any paradise it does come with its drawbacks, one being the 100+ days straight over 100+ degrees, with a good 10-30 of them being well over 110.
the other? well:
Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 4.30.10 PM.png