Forbidden scorpions

Steffen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes it's a bit sad. Most members of Eksotiske insekter keep spiders and stick insects etc. and not that many keep scorpions, so that might have something to do with it. I'm one of the few scorpion freaks left in EI. :D

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Steffen said:
Yes it's a bit sad. Most members of Eksotiske insekter keep spiders and stick insects etc. and not that many keep scorpions, so that might have something to do with it. I'm one of the few scorpion freaks left in EI. :D
Seems like some species, both inverts and herps, was sacrificed over others. Truly a sad story.

Rigelus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah but thats just it..No one is really interested in our actual welfare and good being, it's just a political tool.
If laws were passed to help and protect us and make us feel more secure and that was the overriding principal behind all decision making then how come smoking is legal, how come anyone (with the money) can buy a car that can go 200 mph, how come hospitals are underfunded and how come we have a system that allows a smart, quick-tongued prosecuter to send a innocent man to jail.
No no no Arietans, laws are not just passed so that you and i can have a better life (allthough admitted it is a bi-product, sometimes).
Laws are also passed to make money and/or give political control. Besides, just because something is law doesn't make it right. Just look around the laws of different cultures throughout the world to convince yourself of that. Einstein said a good thing once (i guess he said a lot of good things) that has allways had meaning for me, he said "everything is relative".
My common sense is someone else's crazy thinking and somebodys else's sunday dinner is my rabbit's food.

Yeah i know i'm subversive and critical but you know what, i can't help it..My youth was spent waiting for the commies and the yanks to start world war3.
Sort of knocked the cosy nosy rosy society of the pitch..

Lastly Arietans i'm not really angry or frustrated, just dissapointed. Oppression by politicians is one thing but oppression that is instigated by joe public is just so sad. I used to say that "if we could just get rid of religion then we can really start to progress as a race" but nowadays i know thats wrong. It's not religion thats gotta go it's humans that have got to grow up and develop.

Hold up there, weren't this a thread about forbidden scorpions........."swallow", It must have been that crooked, twisted and bitter world dictator that rose up in me again...

Steffen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Either way, regarding topic, I wouldn't keep lethal scorpions even if they were legal. I'm actually afraid I got stung. But I would keep some of the less dangerous Centroides species though. :)

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Rigelus said:
Yeah but thats just it..No one is really interested in our actual welfare and good being, it's just a political tool.
If laws were passed to help and protect us and make us feel more secure and that was the overriding principal behind all decision making then how come smoking is legal, how come anyone (with the money) can buy a car that can go 200 mph, how come hospitals are underfunded and how come we have a system that allows a smart, quick-tongued prosecuter to send a innocent man to jail.
No no no Arietans, laws are not just passed so that you and i can have a better life (allthough admitted it is a bi-product, sometimes).
Laws are also passed to make money and/or give political control. Besides, just because something is law doesn't make it right. Just look around the laws of different cultures throughout the world to convince yourself of that. Einstein said a good thing once (i guess he said a lot of good things) that has allways had meaning for me, he said "everything is relative".
My common sense is someone else's crazy thinking and somebodys else's sunday dinner is my rabbit's food.

Yeah i know i'm subversive and critical but you know what, i can't help it..My youth was spent waiting for the commies and the yanks to start world war3.
Sort of knocked the cosy nosy rosy society of the pitch..

Lastly Arietans i'm not really angry or frustrated, just dissapointed. Oppression by politicians is one thing but oppression that is instigated by joe public is just so sad. I used to say that "if we could just get rid of religion then we can really start to progress as a race" but nowadays i know thats wrong. It's not religion thats gotta go it's humans that have got to grow up and develop.

Hold up there, weren't this a thread about forbidden scorpions........."swallow", It must have been that crooked, twisted and bitter world dictator that rose up in me again...
laws wether or not we like them are laws..this is what makes us different from 3rd world countrys!!!i uderstand what you are saying though, and yes just because its the law dosent make it right...but laws are in place for what ever reason to protect us as a people..wether we like it or not..other wise child molesters, drug dealers, mobs, and every kind of criminal would be running crazy...we cant pick and choose what laws we choose to obey!!!if its illegal to own then dont own it!!!!if for some reason he was to get stung by an aa, or lq and it was illegal to own!!it would hurt or even destory any chance of it ever becoming legal.....so who do you help by owning them!!how selfish is that.....

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Rigelus,

It's the bane of righteous men - politricks and politricksters!

Rigelus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Woh..back up there 4x4, thats the second time you've gone running off on the high and mighty and also the second time you've got hold of the wrong end of the stick.
It's now a day after this thread started. Who say's that these scorp's are now in the country. Show me the quote in my posts where i said i was going to keep them.

Steffan:
I don't know why you are scared of getting stung. Don't you trust yourself, are you afraid of your arms suddenly refusing to obey your brain.
I wouldn't want to be stung either but as long as you don't put your hands in the terrarium and follow the "no handling" etiquet and use long forceps and containers to move your scorpions on the few occasions it's required, whats the problem.
Yeah, i know accidents can happen but thats life, right?

BTW a young girl was killed at the start of the year here in Denmark. She had her throat tore out by a pet dog. She bled to death on the pavement before anyone could help her. Her family was totally destroyed. She was only a little girl....
Theres been no mention of making pet dogs illegal.

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pet dog eh? It could be just some political figure that stands against scorpions because they are "icky," and he found some one sided medically degreed being to say something like, "Whelp, they are deffinently medically significantly venomous and I dont recommend them to be as pet." People dont realize, that its just a reccommendation, not an exact order... But he also didn't realize that those puppy dogs have temperment problems or are not to well suited for small children, but people still have them... Though, laws are laws...Most likely they broken, and whats the worse they could do to you? Take your scorp, and slap you on the wrist with a good tongue lashing...or a fine? {D

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Rigelus said:
<poop> I just found out that my A.australis and L.q are forbidden scorpions in Denmark.
Yet just over the border in Germany (where i got mine) theres no problems. Crikey those characters have got it all, no speed limit on the motorways, cleanest red light area in europe and curried bockwurst.

"What to do now :? " he asked in a not asking a question sort of way, "guess that put's a downer on discussing them on the Danish forums :confused: ".
from this quote im guessing u already have them..i wasnt tring to say ur going keep them...i was answering 2 other quotes in one should of made that clear...dont get me wrong i agree with you on alot of the points..im just conserned that newbies will get an idea about keeping these illegally because they read this post not the quoted one above but some of the more liberal views on right and wrong...law verses idealism...im just tring to make it really clear!! if the law says you cant have them, then dont thats all...

Steffen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Rigelus - Getting stung, that's just life? I'm sure you meant "That was that life". :D I'm speechless.... ofcourse everyone should use protective methods and equipment, but I think you need to experience some of the faster species.

i.e. do you think you can outsmart this scorpion?
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=69673&highlight=dune+scorpion
I don't think your brain reacts faster than this scorpion or alot other species. Several barkscorpions are lethal aswell... have you ever pissed of a barkscorpion? Lychas i.e. are faster than you would think. Now replace that Lychas with a Tityus or likewise....

Rigelus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No i meant "Thats life" , just like what i wrote.
As i said before Steffan "everything is relative". Your statements make it plain that you obviously disagree with me. Thats your perogative.

Do you have a microwave oven in your house. They do blow up now and again you know!!, probably with the same frequency that people in the west are killed by scorpions.
Do you shield yourself from possible blast damage when you use it.

The chances of actually being killed in traffic are considerably higher than dieing of a scorpion sting. Do you break out into a sweat every time you go out for a drive.

I have respect for these animals but i'm not scared of them.
I'm confident that (and at the end of the day, thats what it's all about) my safety measures are more than adequate. If you feel somehow that it's only a matter of time before you hear your "worst case scenario" in the press then thats up to you. I aint gonna lose no sleep over it.

BTW just to bring this to a close now....Both australis and quinquestriatus HAVE left the country....

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Rigelus said:
No i meant "Thats life" , just like what i wrote.
As i said before Steffan "everything is relative". Your statements make it plain that you obviously disagree with me. Thats your perogative.

Do you have a microwave oven in your house. They do blow up now and again you know!!, probably with the same frequency that people in the west are killed by scorpions.
Do you shield yourself from possible blast damage when you use it.

The chances of actually being killed in traffic are considerably higher than dieing of a scorpion sting. Do you break out into a sweat every time you go out for a drive.

I have respect for these animals but i'm not scared of them.
I'm confident that (and at the end of the day, thats what it's all about) my safety measures are more than adequate. If you feel somehow that it's only a matter of time before you hear your "worst case scenario" in the press then thats up to you. I aint gonna lose no sleep over it.

BTW just to bring this to a close now....Both australis and quinquestriatus HAVE left the country....

The chances of actually being killed in traffic are considerably higher than dieing of a scorpion sting.
no, not at all;) It depends the keeper, the chances vary by a LOT, an inexpeierenced noob has much, much higher chance of being stung, IF they dont know what they are doing. It all depends.

Steffen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In fact I do get nervous when im driving very fast. But I do need to be transported around. I don't need to have a lethal scorpion. It's still an odd compare if you ask me. :)

Btw. I'm not scared of them either. I just don't need to take the chances, when there is lots of nonlethal scorpions.

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think I enjoyed the cigerete comparison the most. Maybe you should move to the US Rig. Move down south and start a scorpion ranch :) Thats my plans.