For those experienced members who do not have an Orphnaecus Sp. "Cebu"

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I can't post pictures right now, but those who are experienced that do not own an O. Sp. "Cebu" or have never even heard of them, should really get out your wallet and buy one or five of them. They are very heavy webbers, my sling covered the substrate with a couple layers of webbing, leaving the edges of the deli cup for burrowing.

If you are a beginner or have nothing but docile NWs or maybe one slightly skittish or defensive species and think "oh yeah, i am definitely ready for an OW species" forget you ever thought that and get an intermediate NW species or two before getting any OW. This species is will try to bolt and they are fast. I don't even lift the lid of it's enclosure all the way. I only lift it just enough so my tweezers will fit and i can give it water.

I don't like sounding harsh, but some beginning tarantula keepers do not research and work their way up the ladder wnd others will research and then buy an OW regardless only to find themselves overwhelmed. I just had to state this warning as assistance for newbies who are thinking of getting this species or any intermediate NW to the more advanced species.

Again, experienced members, pull out your wallet and buy one or five

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
No, thanks man. I prefer to rely on cheap as hell genus Chilobrachys ones, if I want kinda little heavy webbers :)
I've seen pictures of other heavy webbers and the work they've done in their enclosures and I can say with confidence that this species is one of if not the best Webber in the world of tarantulas.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
@miss moxie

Here is the picture you requested, also that brown thing in the picture is part of the molt (I won't try removing that until it goes back down in it's burrow.

image.jpeg

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Nice web, but in all honesty I don't see that much of a difference with (less priced) genus Chilobrachys :stop:

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Nice web, but in all honesty I don't see that much of a difference with (less priced) genus Chilobrachys :stop:
I am considering getting some here soon, I think I see a comparison thread in the future. I am also thinking about some Sp. in the genus Ceratogyrus.these OW terrestrials are fascinating.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I am considering getting some here soon, I think I see a comparison thread in the future. I am also thinking about some Sp. in the genus Ceratogyrus.these OW terrestrials are fascinating.
Augacephalus is another that does nifty things with webbing.