For sale or trade HELP......

Rich65

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi everyone, I need some advice in handling a trade situation on the boards. For the last few days I have been working out a trade for a wanted post from the other party. I have the spider he wanted and he had a trio I wanted.. We came to an agreement, exchanged address info and exact count of trade spiders. Both parties agreed and we just needed to reschedule the original ship date to one within the next few days. Then late last night he sent me a pm saying everything sounded great BUT he had an offer of cash from someone else for the group of which the spiders being sent to me were part of. He messaged me saying that he was sorry but he was giong to take the cash deal instead, hope i'd understand.
I wrote back and nicely said that sucked and I thought he should be professional and honor his word to the trade agreement we had just finished making.
He was the one who posted the WTB or trade and I replied with the exact female adult he was looking for. So I would like to know if I'm out of line by expecting someone to stand by their word and honor the deal they agreed to ? I sent a third post this evening asking for him to make it right or I would be posting a very negative review..
What do you think ???
Thanks for any advice.

RICH

ps MODs hope this is in the right thread section

upwith inverts!

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's 50/50.

On the one hand, it's generally good manners to follow through when you have a deal nearly worked out.

On the other hand, their spiders are their property until the trade is done, and they have the right to withdraw up until either of you ship.

If it were me, I'd say it sucks, and just avoid dealing with them in the future. But if they still have some of the spiders you want, you may be able to salvage the deal.

moghue

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I also say its a 50/50 thing
He did have the decency to tell you before you shipped out anything. but i also say that you both had struck a deal and he should have followed thru. Me personally i would just let it go as niether one of you is out anything and just never deal with that individual again. just dont let one thing like this stop you from making deals with others trust me i have had some good things happen to me since i have been here and some bad things happen but i keep plugging along.

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Unfortunately, this is what you deal with when trying to trade (and sometimes when you try to purchase outright) with individuals and not businesses. I had someone sell an amp out from under me when I was on the way to pick it up, cash in hand. There's nothing you can do except post a review on this forum outlining your exact experience with the seller, to maybe dissuade anyone thinking of trading with the person. When it comes to these situations, the deal isn't a guarantee until you have your spiders in your hands. If you deal enough in this hobby (or do any other sorts of deals with individuals) you can expect this to happen more than a few times.

Rich65

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the replies.....

Well it has turned out positive...My return pm's expressing my concern of what professionalism I expected considering his reviews and that I should have been offered the first choice to pay cash or partial cash has paid off.
We came to a mutual agreement and are shipping tomorrow and both parties seem happy...
I have allways tried to uphold any trade, deal or purchase I've entered

RICH