For ID (Centipedes and millipedes)

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In centipedes:

1. Rhysida nuda.
2.Scolopendra subspinipes subspinipes.

But, I'm not sure of anybody because with one picture only is very difficult to ID this bugs.

Cheers
Carles

jayvee_austin

Arachnopeon
In centipedes:

1. Rhysida nuda.
2.Scolopendra subspinipes subspinipes.

But, I'm not sure of anybody because with one picture only is very difficult to ID this bugs.

Cheers
Carles

Thank you Carles. I'll be uploading more photos for this. I'm just having a hard time taking photos as they won't stay still when I open their home.

cantthinkofone

Arachnodemon
Im not very good at IDing anything but snakes but i will tell you those are some beatiful centipedes. ive never seen a bright blue one before. only a dark ugly blue one.

jayvee_austin

Arachnopeon
Im not very good at IDing anything but snakes but i will tell you those are some beatiful centipedes. ive never seen a bright blue one before. only a dark ugly blue one.
Thank you cantthinkofone. I really hope that they can be identified properly so I can place the correct tags on their tanks. I'm addicted to them :D

---------- Post added 08-13-2012 at 02:03 PM ----------

1 seems to be Otostigmus scaber instead of Rhysida nuda....
\

Hmm.. I'll try to take more photos for details. I'm just having difficulty right now as they're so skittish

krabbelspinne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
there is an easy way to distinguish Rhysida nuda from Otostigmus scaber, so you don`t need to send more pics:

If the tergites have a ridges, it is O. scaber, if they are plain, it is something else, maybe R. nuda....

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
I think I've seen the yellow and black millipedes before, do you know how big they are? Spirobolus bungii?

Last edited:

jayvee_austin

Arachnopeon
I think I've seen the yellow and black millipedes before, do you know how big they are? Spirobolus bungii?
The largest I have in here is around 8 or 9 inches

---------- Post added 08-14-2012 at 06:41 PM ----------

there is an easy way to distinguish Rhysida nuda from Otostigmus scaber, so you don`t need to send more pics:

If the tergites have a ridges, it is O. scaber, if they are plain, it is something else, maybe R. nuda....

Thanks for that! I do not see any ridges on it's tergites. :)

krabbelspinne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
EandA: In Asia there are more species in yellow and black. I think it is Spirobolus walkeri....

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
EandA: In Asia there are more species in yellow and black. I think it is Spirobolus walkeri....
Sorry, the ? at the end meant is was just a guess. I was going to guess S. walkeri first but that species sometimes has red bands while S. bungii from China can look exactly like the specimens pictured. It may be neither.