Folding-Door Trapdoor Spider care?

XxSpiderQueenxX

Arachnobaron
Hello everyone,
I am ordering one folding door trapdoor spider (Antrodiaetus pacificus) from Peter at bugs in cyberspace. Any care tips on them? (also ordering flower crab spider and American sand assassin (Homalonychus sp.) Care tips on those appreciated! :3
Thanks!
~3~

Hydrophilus

Arachnopeon
I just went right over to Bugs in Cyberspace to try to order some for myself but it looks like he's already out of stock. I can't believe I missed out! In general, Antrodiaetids live in a similar habitat to other trapdoor spiders: steep-sided wooded slopes in moist, loamy soil. They produce horizontal burrows, but since few trapdoor keepers provide steep slopes, they should make vertical burrows in captivity. If you leave organic debris on the surface (small chunks of leaves, moss, etc), they should incorporate those into the making of their doors. If you provide a starter burrow, they will often use it rather than start their own from scratch. I did that with my C. torreya against the tank walls so I could occasionally observe them in their burrows, but they will web up the glass if too much light gets in.

Post pics when it arrives!

XxSpiderQueenxX

Arachnobaron
I just missed ordering them. The day I went to order, they were out! Will try to pick some up at my local reptile expo on May 18-19!

tarantulaatrkew

Arachnopeon
I just went right over to Bugs in Cyberspace to try to order some for myself but it looks like he's already out of stock. I can't believe I missed out! In general, Antrodiaetids live in a similar habitat to other trapdoor spiders: steep-sided wooded slopes in moist, loamy soil. They produce horizontal burrows, but since few trapdoor keepers provide steep slopes, they should make vertical burrows in captivity. If you leave organic debris on the surface (small chunks of leaves, moss, etc), they should incorporate those into the making of their doors. If you provide a starter burrow, they will often use it rather than start their own from scratch. I did that with my C. torreya against the tank walls so I could occasionally observe them in their burrows, but they will web up the glass if too much light gets in.

Post pics when it arrives!

tarantulaatrkew

Arachnopeon
Hey man I am ordering one too! FYI peter has some in stock so go right now to order! Anyways how to you achieve to make a vertical burrow for your spider in a skinny container that is meant to go deep.