foggers/misters suggestions for pandinus imperator?

build or buy?

• Build

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Buy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

N8Legged

Arachnosquire
i'm looking into getting or making a foger or mister to help regulate/boost the humidity in my emperor tank there are several available commercially. I've also watched several how-too videos on building one. has anyone had experience with any they've purchased or built? what are your opinions, experiences? what do you think would be the best option for the money?

MES

Arachnosquire
Fair warning, I do not have a ton of experience with humidity regulators/misters, but I can give you my opinion, I have thought about buying/building one myself.;) I would suggest building one, as it is cheaper, and you can customize it for your needs. I've seen some of the commercial ones available, and they can get pretty pricey and large, as well as usually being for reptiles, not invertibrates. A design I think may work is something like this:
• A jug/container for holding the water
• A tube
• A misting/sprinkler valve with a timer (possibly connected to a humidity gauge)
I'm not exactly sure what the specifics would be, but if you could hook up the water tank to the timed valve, and the timed valve to the humidity guage, you should be able to maintain humidity levels in your emp's tank.
Hope this helped!