Florida Tailless Whip Scorpion Care?

Pilotoloto

Arachnopeon
Hey all, I'm getting the itch that it's time for a new pet, and since I'm currently restricted to small inverts, I did some researching and figured out that I really like the Florida Tailless Whip Scorpion (Phrynus Marginemaculatus). Only problem Is that there isn't a whole lot of clear info out there on them pertaining to captive care. Can anyone help me out with stuff like Temp, Humidity,setup, and Substrate? Also, would a 32oz deli be large enough for an adult? If not, What would be a good size? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A great pet, I love all my amblypygids! Room temp or a bit warmer is fine, high humidity with low ventilation, slanted or vertical piece of bark, cork, or Styrofoam for them to climb on, and I usually use cocofiber for substrate. Substrate doesn't really matter since they won't be on the ground, they'll spend their time on the bark. I keep mine in 32oz deli cups since it's a smaller species.

Pilotoloto

Arachnopeon
A great pet, I love all my amblypygids! Room temp or a bit warmer is fine, high humidity with low ventilation, slanted or vertical piece of bark, cork, or Styrofoam for them to climb on, and I usually use cocofiber for substrate. Substrate doesn't really matter since they won't be on the ground, they'll spend their time on the bark. I keep mine in 32oz deli cups since it's a smaller species.
Thanks dude, this is really helpful!

Chimera

Arachnosquire
Hey all, I'm getting the itch that it's time for a new pet, and since I'm currently restricted to small inverts, I did some researching and figured out that I really like the Florida Tailless Whip Scorpion (Phrynus Marginemaculatus). Only problem Is that there isn't a whole lot of clear info out there on them pertaining to captive care. Can anyone help me out with stuff like Temp, Humidity,setup, and Substrate? Also, would a 32oz deli be large enough for an adult? If not, What would be a good size? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I don't have any tips for you, as my whips will be coming next week and I'm a first-time owner! But I'm getting the same species- Phrynus marginemaculatus- so I thought I'd just reach out :)

They're an unique group of creatures and not many people seem to keep them, so when we find each other, we've gotta stick together ;)

If you get your Florida whips and have any insights or want to compare any care methods, shoot me a message! I'm hoping these whips will be the first of many I keep. I wish you the best of luck!

Pilotoloto

Arachnopeon
I don't have any tips for you, as my whips will be coming next week and I'm a first-time owner! But I'm getting the same species- Phrynus marginemaculatus- so I thought I'd just reach out :)

They're an unique group of creatures and not many people seem to keep them, so when we find each other, we've gotta stick together ;)

If you get your Florida whips and have any insights or want to compare any care methods, shoot me a message! I'm hoping these whips will be the first of many I keep. I wish you the best of luck!
Hey man, thanks! Mine is coming in sometime next week, so I'll keep you posted.