Flat rock scorpion care.

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
they are def not communal, ive had no sucess in trying to mate my pair of trogs, they are very aggresive towards one another. the feeding of pinkies to inverts is a touchy subject, it really has no benefit to the scorpion, and would be a rather messy clean up.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
oh, yeah, nooo, not communal, but some have kept more than one in bigger terrs being OK with a, "you stay over there and I'll stay over here" situation, with each one having their own place in the hood terr subdivision. Also, you don't need to heat the whole thing, just have a heated area, ime a mat on the side where stacked flat rocks are.

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
I'm sure they would eat a pinkie in the wild. Unlike superworms, they won't burrow and turn into nasty beatles. Not will they bother a molting scorp like a cricket will.

Pinkies are fed to small snakes and lizards. I don't understand the problem. Mice can also be trapped legally.

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They need to be kept fairly dry. I use a substrate mix of 1:3 dry coco fiber to sand. Do not add UV and be careful with any direct heat sources. I keep mine around room temp and don't have any issues, though keeping them warming will help them grow a little faster. I feed mine a single small cricket once a week. I never have any luck feeding them mealworms, but mine might just be picky.

Prophet

Arachnosquire
They need to be kept fairly dry. I use a substrate mix of 1:3 dry coco fiber to sand. Do not add UV and be careful with any direct heat sources. I keep mine around room temp and don't have any issues, though keeping them warming will help them grow a little faster. I feed mine a single small cricket once a week. I never have any luck feeding them mealworms, but mine might just be picky.
I'm going to second this suggestion as this is almost identical to mine and it seems to be loving life. I actually was wondering about keeping it at room temperature though and didn't realize the heat had anything to do with its growth rate. Thanks for that info. Its interesting about yours not eating worms as mine seems to not like crickets but only superworms..to each his own as they say goes for them as well it seems

Avicularia Kael

Arachnopeon
I'm sure they would eat a pinkie in the wild. Unlike superworms, they won't burrow and turn into nasty beatles. Not will they bother a molting scorp like a cricket will.

Pinkies are fed to small snakes and lizards. I don't understand the problem. Mice can also be trapped legally.
There is a problem. I have heard of instances where pinkies injure tarantulas and other inverts all the time.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
There is a problem. I have heard of instances where pinkies injure tarantulas and other inverts all the time.
They are newborn mice, making them completely harmless...now an adult mouse is a different story because they can bite. I still wouldn't feed one to a scorpion though, its an excruciatingly painful death as they will generally eat it alive, just cruel and unnecessary when you can offer other invert prey.

As for care on the flat rock, mine prefers the sub completely dry...they like the temps on the warmer side as well. Offer lots of hiding spots, and feed once every two weeks for adults.