1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Five Poecilotheria species - Endangered status and limitations

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by EulersK, Jul 31, 2018.

1. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

Advertisement
    you can sell them only within your state...its a violation to sell across state lines.

2. Glorious Baboon

Glorious Baboon Arachnosquire Active Member

Utah
    Thanks i just wanted to make sure before I bred my subfuscq and ornata didn’t wanna be stuck with a couple 100 pokies

3. MARC NORMAN

MARC NORMAN Arachnopeon Active Member

Usa NC
    They probably want "the professionals" to be breeding the spiders and don't want them to be in the hands of someone who might not know how to take care of them.

4. MetalMan2004

MetalMan2004 Arachnobaron Active Member

Texas
    I’d say that’s spot on (and maybe even a valid point from them). The only issue is that almost no one that that they deem professional enough is breeding them.

5. khil

khil Arachnoknight

The irony is that the hobby was entirely developed and is run by "un" professional people-aka normal, regular guys and gals like the people on this website.

Environmental laws like this not only are totalitarian and a ridiculous invasion of rights, but they almost always end up doing more damage than good to the species.