first venomous snake

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
So you settled for a Gaboon viper and a rattler as your first venomous? Right. That ranks right up there with me picking up an errant king cobra. :o_O:

Your ire regarding animal planet is understandable. However, the alternative as espoused by Hearst and supported by folks like Dow Chem. and Monsnato, that mankind can synthesize what he needs and we can live without the natural world, is unacceptable. We live in a time when the oligarchies have established near complete control of the world at the expense of all living creatures including humans. It's better to fight back any way one can, even sensationalist media idiocy, than roll over and watch the rampant destruction.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Don't feel bad about that cobra. I did the same thing with Agkistrodon piscivorous complete with tossing it in the stream as well. I made the mistake of not looking before I tailed and I ended up with a very angry female. The only reason I have those as my firsts are because I've been working with venomous for quite some time now.

I agree with you about not running rampant over the planet however my beef with AR groups is that they have done NOTHING to conserve or protect anything. Nothing at all. No donation of funds. No volunteer labor. They talk a big game and punish those that actually do the work, such as hunters and exotic owners. In fact, AR groups have pushed ideas and legislation that actually hurt animals and do the opposite of conservation.