First Time Owner...

CallumG22

Arachnopeon
Im a first time owner looking to keep a desert hairy scorpion. I have leopard geckos, have kept crested geckos and mantids so Im familiar with substrates. Ive been told that im going to need something dry but also something that has good strength to hold structures so the burrows dont collapse. Ive looked at lucky reptile desert bedding, is this good? Also, my reptile room temps are around 24-26 so is it fine to keep a desert hairy scorp without the heatmat? I will have it directly on top of one of my leopard gecko vivariums so there will also be a little bit of extra heat added to my room temps.

Spidery spoo

Arachnopeon
As far as burrows go you can submerge pieces of bark to hold a structure.
With temperature id say you ideally would want a small mat on one side as they like it warm. I doubt it would do anything to your room temps and the same goes for your leos temps as hot air rises and the mat would be on the side of the scorps enclosure rather than on the bottom. Hope this helps

Spidery spoo

Arachnopeon
Oh and also things like the cardboard cylinders from toilet paper rolls cut in half work well in the place of bark, especially in dry setups. :)