What Was Your First Tarantula?

Little Grey Spider

Arachnoknight
Mine was a .75 in Chaco Golden Knee or Grammostola pulchripes. That was three (maybe 4) years ago and he- confirmed male sadly- is still only about 4 inches. I chose this species because I had read (on Wikipedia :banghead::bag:) that they grow very large, are visible often and are very docile. He isn't very visible, but he's a peach. I just adore him. His name is Guinness. Top pic is the day I got him. Bottom pic was last year. He's molted once since then but my recent pics are gone :( IMG_20160714_122755.jpg IMG_20170625_195537_470.jpg

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
My first T is a Grammostola pulchripes sling named Gro. I bought it about a year ago and here you can see it's been rearranging the furniture a little.
gro2.jpg

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
What Was Your First T?
A mature female Avicularia avicularia that I received as a birthday gift in 2013. She passed away due to a bad molt in 2017, but she had a good life with me. (The previous owner said she was seven years old, so if this is correct, she would have been ten when she died.)

The first one I bought was an unsexed 3" Avicularia avicularia that I bought in April 2014. She is female and is now 5".

SpaceM

Arachnosquire
My first was a B.emilia about 5 years ago and i'v still got her :)

beccadarling

Arachnopeon
What I suspect to be a G. porteri, not 100% sure though. I bought her full grown at my kindergarten science fair XD 13 years later and she's still with me. Her name is Noodles (creative, right?).

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Regina 0.1 Grammostola pulchripes HMTQ (Her Majesty The Queen) :)
First ever picture of her as a 2 inch spiderling
Picture taken today as a 5+ inch subadult

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My very 1st tarantula was a B albopilosum that was given to me by a friend, i had him until the day he died 6.5 years later.
When i returned to the hobby i started with a B emilia that matured recently he's around 6 years old