First Tarantula Unboxing

Antility

Arachnopeon
It is only a baby Tarantula, at 0.5" in size, but I was extremely nervous unboxing a Tarantula because I know sometimes they bolt on people (run away extremely fast) and I had seen The Dark Den unbox this same species and it did bolt on him so it made me very nervous.

luckily for me he / she did not bolt on me. however, the paper towel that it came wrapped in, I had placed it in to the jar with the opening inside the jar, but when he / she came out of it she walked right up the side of the jar and down on to the tray i was doing this on. so I had to use a cup and a piece of paper to pick it up and get her back in the jar.

(don't worry it was not wrapped tight in paper towel, lots of room for it to move around in)

he / she was just walking around the outside of the jar trying to climb it for about 7-8 minutes. a Tarantula / reptile discord community im in said this was normal behavior because it is looking for a place to hide because its stressed from rehousing. they said to just leave it be and it will make its own hole to hide in eventually. I watered one side of the enclosure and now he / she is just chilling on the dirt where i watered it

Lokee85

Arachnoknight
It's always exciting to get new additions. It's like Christmas morning when that box arrives! What species did you get? Is this your first T?

Edit: Just saw your other thread which answered my questions. :)