First T on the way :D

TRection

Arachnoknight
I added some black tape to the front just to make it look better but it works, i even tested it with water and nothin came through. I might add a bit more sub towards the back but i need to get an other coco fiber brick, what do you think? :)

20170427_201201.jpg

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Although the decorations and sub looks good you still have a problem which as been brought up by other members earlier in the thread and that is the height issue that all exo terra glass enclosures have for terrestrials.
Me personally I would have replaced the screen top with a piece of acrylic or plexi glass and permanently sealed the top then I wouldve laid it on it's back meaning it then becomes top opening.
You could always just buy or source a plastic clear tub untill you've had time to modify the other. Congratulations on your incoming tarantula

TRection

Arachnoknight
Although the decorations and sub looks good you still have a problem which as been brought up by other members earlier in the thread and that is the height issue that all exo terra glass enclosures have for terrestrials.
Me personally I would have replaced the screen top with a piece of acrylic or plexi glass and permanently sealed the top then I wouldve laid it on it's back meaning it then becomes top opening.
You could always just buy or source a plastic clear tub untill you've had time to modify the other. Congratulations on your incoming tarantula
Im aware of the issues with height which is what i have been working on, as i said now that i sealed the front up and added more sub the height from
sub to lid is now only 4.5" (the T im getting is 3.5") :) the latest picture i posted was not to show the decorations but to show that the large front wholes have been fully sealed up to increase the amount of substrate.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
So the opening will now be on top right? Where you fitted the piece if acrylic?
Looks and sounds good :)

TRection

Arachnoknight
So the opening will now be on top right? Where you fitted the piece if acrylic?
Looks and sounds good :)
yup, both the front and the top can open on this tank so i just sealed the front, added more sub and replaced the mesh with acrylic on the top so i will be using only the top instead :)

TRection

Arachnoknight
Update on the set up, I have taken the advice of the majority and set up a smaller tank, I made an acrylic lid with holes and hinges and locks so everything is pretty nice now, the new tank is only 9" tall filled about half way with cocofiber/peat mix, the height from sub to lid measures out at 4.3" at the lowest spot in the tank. I hope this will be a more appropriate set up for a 3"Genic, please let me know your thoughts or anything else i can do to improve upon it farther :)

20170513_161159.jpg