First T... Curly hair

mazzzz

Arachnosquire
If your T is still in the last container you showed us, I wouldn't rehouse her. IME that size is fine. Or did you get another one? :confused: Because your B. albo is definitely not a sling anymore. ;)

You said she sealed herself in, yes? Then just leave her be! :) Make sure the water dish is always full, keep a part/corner of the enclosure slightly moist... and that's it! You need to be patient. I had to learn that myself. My B. albo burried itself away right after I got it, and stayed there for 2 months. Now (s)he is out all the time and exploring its enclosure and eating like a champ.

Honestly, get yourself a couple more Ts to distract yourself from worrying too much. ;)
I actually did exactly that, and got myself a caribena versicolor. I am talking about the free b B. albo sling i got wit her she burried herself and I was just worried because before she did that I put a cricket in and the cricket disappeared with her. The reason i asked about rehousing is she was smaller than inch and the only container I had for her was a short deli cup and I just feel like it is to big but I don't want to disturb her while she is dug in.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Oh, okay, I think I missed that we're talking about another B. albo now ;). But my advice still stands. Let her be, until she's ready to come out again. Maybe then you could post some pics of the T and the enclosure, so we can see if it's really too big. :)

mazzzz

Arachnosquire
Oh, okay, I think I missed that we're talking about another B. albo now ;). But my advice still stands. Let her be, until she's ready to come out again. Maybe then you could post some pics of the T and the enclosure, so we can see if it's really too big. :)
Yeah sounds good thank you!

mazzzz

Arachnosquire
So I noticed a small hole in the sub behind the hide that my little b albo sling buried itself in so I tried leaving it a pre-killed cricket. This morning the cricket was gone!! Since he/she has decided to eat again is this a good time to do a quick rehouse because I still think what she's in is a bit to big for her??

Thekla

Arachnoprince
So I noticed a small hole in the sub behind the hide that my little b albo sling buried itself in so I tried leaving it a pre-killed cricket. This morning the cricket was gone!! Since he/she has decided to eat again is this a good time to do a quick rehouse because I still think what she's in is a bit to big for her??
We still haven't seen a picture of the enclosure. ;) Without it there's no way of telling if it's indeed too big or not.

mazzzz

Arachnosquire
We still haven't seen a picture of the enclosure. ;) Without it there's no way of telling if it's indeed too big or not.
Oh yeah totally forgot was just super excited she took a cricket. I’ll post pics of the enclosure when I get home later thanks!

mazzzz

Arachnosquire
Okay so here is the enclosure. can't see the T cause she likes to hide but in the back behind the piece of cork bark there is a little hole with some webbing (can't really see it in the pic) where before it was just excavated dirt and filled in. Also as i said before she came out and took a pre killed cricket I put in their last night so I know she's active and not just staying in there. The sling is only like 3/4" I think maybe smaller, that is why I think I should rehouse I just wasn't sure because I thought maybe she was in pre-molt or something. Now that I know she's not I think rehousing her is a good call what do you guys think?? Thanks.
enclosure.JPG

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
The sling is only like 3/4" I think maybe smaller, that is why I think I should rehouse I just wasn't sure because I thought maybe she was in pre-molt or something. Now that I know she's not I think rehousing her is a good call what do you guys think??
A 3/4" sling should be OK in a deli cup of that size. However, you could rehouse it into a smaller one for another molt or two. (@cold blood swears by condiment cups for small slings to improve the growth rate.)

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I kinda like the look of the smaller one if I did that what would I do about water because a water dish obviously won't fit
You could try a small, unconventional dish like a tiny Lego brick, a Monopoly house, or a tattoo ink cup. However, at this size, if you are diligent about substrate moisture and providing water, you can forego a water dish until it's in a larger enclosure.

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah, I don't use water dishes until the enclosure size permits.

Just keep part of the sub damp...when it dries, re-dampen. They can drink from damp sub. I've never lost a sling in a condiment cup that I can recall.

3 pin holes around the side and 3 on the lid...don't over-ventilate or it will dry too quickly.

mazzzz

Arachnosquire
Alright i appreciate the help gentleman I think I'm gonnna try the little condiment cup!

mazzzz

Arachnosquire
You could try a small, unconventional dish like a tiny Lego brick, a Monopoly house, or a tattoo ink cup. However, at this size, if you are diligent about substrate moisture and providing water, you can forego a water dish until it's in a larger enclosure.
Ugh now I'm not sure if I should the little hole she made is filled in again. I'm worried about disturbing her, think she'll be alright if I do it now or should I just leave her be???

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Ugh now I'm not sure if I should the little hole she made is filled in again. I'm worried about disturbing her, think she'll be alright if I do it now or should I just leave her be???
As long as she is not in the process of molting, it is fine to rehouse now.

mazzzz

Arachnosquire
As long as she is not in the process of molting, it is fine to rehouse now.
Alright thanks.. She can't be because she just took food last night right?? Sorry lol one my first 2 slings and I really don't want to end up killing them.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
She can't be because she just took food last night right??
Sometimes slings don't fast for long, but it's still pretty unlikely that she is molting right now if she ate last night.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Everything's said! I've nothing to add. That's what you get when you live on the other side of the world. :p

The only thing left to say... have fun with your little one! :)