First scorpion

Keke713

Arachnoknight
so picked up my first scorpion at Repticon over the past weekend. Heterometrus spinifer to be exact. Curious to know what is that yellow fuzzy looking thing? EAB5460D-5394-4395-A7D5-B4586BB98914.jpeg

basin79

ArachnoGod
I don't know the names of the hairs around the chelicerae but they're natural. Here there are on my Opistophthalmus glabrifrons.

Keke713

Arachnoknight
I don't know the names of the hairs around the chelicerae but they're natural. Here there are on my Opistophthalmus glabrifrons.

Good to know! Was kinda freaking out lol. It was more of an impulse buy but glad I bought the little guy as I’m enjoying watching him at night.

Alex99

Arachnosquire
If you don't mind me asking What repticon was it and what kind of selection did they have for scorpions?

Keke713

Arachnoknight
If you don't mind me asking What repticon was it and what kind of selection did they have for scorpions?
Repticon here in Pasadena Tx. They had a few selections of scorps, mainly heterometrus spinifer. Then again I didn’t look thoroughly for scorpions as I was mainly there for Tarantulas.

MoranDisciple

Arachnosquire
Kind of unrelated, but I've heard that these guys have the build of a borrower but the feeding response of a desert species. Is that true?

MoranDisciple

Arachnosquire

Unrelated to the original post. I've heard that these guys have the classic borrower look and size but with the feeding response of a desert species. Is that true? I've been considering buying one and feeding response is important. It's the reason why I don't own any Imperators or Asian forests.
P.S. love your yt channel

basin79

ArachnoGod
Unrelated to the original post. I've heard that these guys have the classic borrower look and size but with the feeding response of a desert species. Is that true? I've been considering buying one and feeding response is important. It's the reason why I don't own any Imperators or Asian forests.
P.S. love your yt channel
They use their sting if that's what you mean yes. Their claws are definitely powerful enough to not need it but it's used regardless.

Just be aware they're pet holes. You'll almost never see it. Tis a shame as they're stunners.

Thank you very much.