First Scorpion!

Aidan Marsters

Arachnopeon
Just recently got into this hobby and purchased my first scorpion from the local pet shop for $40, labeled as an emperor and I believe they are (to me his claws do look 'granulated') IMG_0402.JPG IMG_0403.JPG . Not sure if there is a surefire way to tell how old it is but the lady at the store said she had no idea? I tried to do as much research as possible and so far he has mostly burrowed under his new hide but the temperatures have only reached about ~81 degrees fahrenheit which are a bit low but I have now put the pad on the side of the tank because when I put it underneath it did not help to raise temperature. Anyways glad to be here and hopefully this guy can live a healthy and happy life!

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
take the heat pad off. room temp is fine...
Theres no way to actually tell the precise age of the scorpion.
see if you ca get a clearer pic so some more experienced members can id the scorp

Aidan Marsters

Arachnopeon
take the heat pad off. room temp is fine...
Theres no way to actually tell the precise age of the scorpion.
see if you ca get a clearer pic so some more experienced members can id the scorp
Are you sure 70-75 degrees is fine? And here is a clearer pic sorry about the blurriness! IMG_0405.JPG

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
yeah anywhere from 68-low 80s is fine but 70s to low 80s is what I find works best and is at room temp

Aidan Marsters

Arachnopeon
yeah anywhere from 68-low 80s is fine but 70s to low 80s is what I find works best and is at room temp
Is that picture also better to identify it? From other pictures I've seen it definitely looks like an emperor but I know that they are rarer nowadays so maybe I got lucky.

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
Looks good, they can’t tell time so they don’t need clocks in their enclosure.

Lyrognathus

Arachnosquire
Pretty sure that's an emp. They farm them now and occasionally harvest from certain areas from what I've read, so they're not impossible to get as WC now a days.

Aidan Marsters

Arachnopeon
Pretty sure that's an emp. They farm them now and occasionally harvest from certain areas from what I've read, so they're not impossible to get as WC now a days.
Very cool, I might consider getting a larger tank and going back to purchase another.