First Old World suggestion

Teik1066

Arachnopeon
I've had New Worlds for a while now & I was thinking of trying my first Old World sometimes next year since I already got experience with more skittish/bolty New Worlds spieces (I also have a VERY moody Lasiodora Parahybana so I've mastered avoiding temper tantrum to not get sprayed by her nasty urticating hairs lol).

What would be a good first Old World?

I was thinking either Harpactira Pulchripes or Ceratogyrus Marshalli (Could settle for a C. Darlingi as I heard they are very good first time Old Worlds… But I prefer the Marshalli's look).

Any other species you would suggest? I prefer terrestrials I don't have experience with Arboreal species.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
A Ceratogyrus species is a good choice but if you want something a little less common I can recommend E. pachypus. They are pretty docile as far as OWs goes.

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
Psalmopoeus are a good step towards OWs and Arboreals, theyre the ow of the nw. Other than that Id agree with TownesVanZandt and say Ceratogyrus

Minty

@londontarantulas
Pterinochilus murinus. Give it deep, dry sub and it’ll be happy. Hardy and easy to keep.

MattjediEdmonds

Arachnosquire
As long as you don't want to hold them, I don't think there are any old world's you can't handle. I'm confident you can think it through.

Phases

Arachnoknight
As far as non pet holes go - I do love my Monocentropus balfouri and he's always been very chill. Very easy. He's done it all. Lived in ground, on ground, up high, he just does whatever but he's a small, pretty slow moving, relaxed little fella. I don't have any experience with F - yet :)

OBTs are grouchy, but no more difficult/easy than any other. I have C.darlingi - Adult F.. had MM - do have slings - she's very cool but you don't see her often. She is one of the few that I can very easily coax out of her burrow though.

There are a few others that I love but, they aren't adults yet so I am hesitant to speak on them. Aside from my arboreals heh. I love them too.

ghostly

Arachnopeon
I agree on Ceratogyrus. My C. darlingi is very laid back (can be fast as heck and has a great feeding response, but still somewhat predictable). I also just adore Ceratogyrus, I've always had a thing for the horn. Mine loves to hang out in the open, but I'm probably just lucky because, as some others stated, they can be pet holes.
M. balfouri is also a great choice, I have a communal of five (currently juveniles) and they're very interesting - their web castle is impressive, I see them a lot actually, and they're also pretty chill.
As for the OBT - I agree that they're not as bad as their reputation and also hardy and easy to keep, but I still wouldn't recommend them as a first OW. Too nervous.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
my 1st ow was phormingochilus Everetti it's pretty chilled for an arboreal. I'd probably go for a tappie or psalmo 1st then you're practically ready for any ow