First Molt!!!!

Nam

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
YAAAAA!!!! Finally my B.Smithi flipped this morning!!
Last night it was pretty active it was flicking hairs like crazee for no reason...well I am sure there was a reason but it was unprovoked. So a couple of pics to start the Molt off...

Attachments

Nam

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Almost done I cant beleive my wife took the camera to the park bah!!
Oh well I am sure you have all seen this before :wall:

Nam

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok so he is just laying on his back now with his legs under him I dont think it pushed the abdomom off due to the back of the hide should I be concerned?

SoupyC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just leave him be. It takes quite a bit of time. I've seen other species molt in little tiny tube webs. So give it time. :D

Nam

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
aight phew thanks its freaky lol cause it hasnt moved for a bit. This is to intense..

SoupyC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There is a timelapse video of a molt that took over 8 hours...someone compressed it down to like 4 minutes. But still, it takes a while. Relax, read a book, and look in on him later tonight or tomorrow. :D

Nam

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well His legs are totally out but I dont think he could push the ab off due to the back wall its like he is done the molt process oh how I wish I had my camera I will try me cell phone

Nam

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My wife got home and I grabbed the camera to shoot a pic and as soon as I had it focused she flipped lol what a relief!!!! Her she is freshly Done

Attachments

Nam

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks alot for the support Soupy lol I couldnt have done it without you ha ha.:D

Nam

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Molting Again!!

Well Mr. Smith is molting again here is a pic I just took of him Upside down:)

and he only ate one juvi dubia roach between molts.

Attachments

Last edited: