First loss

Sykomp

Arachnopeon
My P. irminia juvie seemed to molt successfully (her dirt-curtains were towards the clear plastic so I have been able to spy on her just by turning the enclosure around) but today I found she had finally crawled out of her hide... and died in a classy death curl. Oh well.

I think there was some issue caused by the molting, there was a weird brown spot near her lungs, it didn't seem to be part of the old molt... But it doesn't really matter, dead is dead. I was already a bit worried when she started to molt, since she seemed a lot thinner than my other T's when she begun the premolt and refused food, sad to see my worries becoming true.
She's been around only few months and this was her first molt under my care, but it's still a bummer to lose her this way. I don't have that many T's but all of them have survived their molts before this!

Now I'll have to figure out what to do with her enclosure... maybe I'll get something new when the spring comes. I have enjoyed the psalmos very much so far, I also have P. cambridgei and P. reduncus, which I'm keeping about the same (and they both are doing perfectly fine).

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Sorry for the loss of your pet. I’ve lost two Ts in 10 years of keeping and it’s always tough. Sounds like yours had a “wet moult” which is why there was fluid around the book lungs. In tarantula breeding more spiderlings survive than in the wild but sometimes those that survive past sling stage in the hobby still have weak genes which might possibly have an impact on its strength and ability to thrive.

Sykomp

Arachnopeon
Yeah... my SO wasn't really suprised to hear the news, either. She just commented that the spider in question had seem "more lethargic than any of the others" - I guess she was right.

Anyway, RIP my poor little irminia gal.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Yeah... my SO wasn't really suprised to hear the news, either. She just commented that the spider in question had seem "more lethargic than any of the others" - I guess she was right.

Anyway, RIP my poor little irminia gal.
A tarantula being lethargic isn’t a sign of anything wrong, most of my tarantulas don’t really move much unless provoked. But I’m sorry for your loss either way, it’s always tough losing a T

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
A tarantula being lethargic isn’t a sign of anything wrong, most of my tarantulas don’t really move much unless provoked. But I’m sorry for your loss either way, it’s always tough losing a T
my first loss was a P. met bad molt RIP paid good money and gave lots of for that thing...like when stacy ditched me at prom...:grumpy: