First Haplopelma, its a girl(hopefully)

Shagrath666

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is my new Haploplema sp. "vietnam", I got her for $14 a few couple weeks back at the LPS i used to work for. She is about 3.5" legspan and is doing great! I though i would announce this cause I got some nice pics of her as she was out and about today after eating a few crickets. I got a nice vent shot and im not the best at this and I dont have a molt yet, but it looks like a girl to me. (it also may be my wishful thinking) i compared it to a few haplopelma vent shots and it looks girl to me:D

this is my first haplopelma, and the angriest thing I owned before this was an OBT which I ended up giving to a friend. I love her cause she has a nice deep burrow under a log but she comes out surprisingly often. enjoy the pics :)

Attachments

HaploFool

No longer a pet hole
Arachnosupporter
Hey Congrats!! That looks like a Vonwirthi... the reason I say this is because I have about 11 of these and they all look dirty brown until they molt and then they shine with black and gray! And they're NASTY!! But they definitely are a beautiful spider... I have a nice big 6-6.5" female who is ready to throw down with Macho Man Savage. Good luck with your pretty girl. It could be that it is a Sp. Vietnam... but there are so many of these around right now and, for me, it always turns out to be the same spider.

Shagrath666

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sp."Vietnam"/Vonwirthi=the same thing ;]
thats what I hear:) I like the ambiguity of H. sp. "vietnam" b/c i dont know the sp. and prob never will exactly.

my girl, so far at least, is rather calm although I havnt tried handeling her, but she is calm when I am working in the tank to clean up and water stuff.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great looking T and great price too! I'd love to get a vonwirthi myself but I'd be afraid I'd never see it. Thats awesome its so visible.

And yep, looks female to me too