First G Pulchra molt

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Caveman, my reclusive juvenile G pulchra, molted yesterday while I was at work - he had been holed up in his burrow-with-a-view and hadn't eaten in a couple of weeks, so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was - in fact, when I came home and checked on him I might have assumed nothing unusual except that there was a mat of webbing in his burrow that wasn't there when I left in the morning, and what looked at first like cricket remains on the floor of the burrow - upon closer look, it clearly was a molted skin, and Caveman does look a little bigger - I'm hoping he'll be less reclusive and more "out-going" now that he's grown up a little ...

Kuro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
congrats on the molt!

my L. Parahybana just molted the 11th(yesterday) and grew 1/2"! and completely changed colors on me.

her's was the second molt i've experienced..my GBB just went off food for a couple weeks...the parahybana went off food and her abdomen got black and then kinda shiny and now she's freshly molted

Last edited:

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yo Kuro! Up late tonight, I see ... probably observing your T's no doubt!

So congrats on your successful molts as well :clap: As I'm rather new to this, I find it very exciting, and although I'm delighted that my B.smithi and my G pulchra have shed their exos without consequential trauma, I'm bummed that I missed both events - first because Houdini, my B smithi, molted in the privacy of his hide (he shed his hide in the privacy of his hide {D ), (he shed in the shed {D ) STOP ME BEFORE I KILL AGAIN !!!!.... and Caveman, my pulchra, waited until I was gone for the day to molt - in both cases I was deprived of the honor of witnessing the process - were you able to watch yours happen before your eyes?

I've read that the burrowers remove the molt from their lairs - Houdini did that, that's how I knew he molted, but Caveman has not removed his .. what was your experience? - how soon will you offer food to your parabyhana? I don't want to kill my T's with kindness ...

By the way, I'd love to hear more about your parabyhana - I've read good things about that one, and I think it's going to be my next, then I'm DONE ... well, no, I also want to get a B epicuraneam, then I'm DONE ... well, unless I catch an Aphonopelma eutylenum, THEN I'm done!:liar: :liar:

Kuro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
both my GBB and my Parahybana molted during the night while i was sleeping so i didn't get to watch. i hope i get to see my big 4 1/2"-5" female rose hair molt. both of them also molted out in the open so i don't know what burrowers do..or atleast i don't know yet...my H. Lividum sling isn't here yet.

i find it exciting to..i've caught my adult rose hair, rose hair sling, and juvi avic avic grooming themselves and was just totally fasinated by it..couldn't look away.

You should deffinantly get a Parahybana! they garbage can when comes to eating..or atleast mine does. they get a nice large size when full grown and usually never hide...Kitana(my para) never hides. they are a bit skittish but not bad. they are one of the easiest bird eaters to care for. the guy i got Kitana from has nice parahybanas i'm very happy with the one i got.

i waited 7 days to feed my GBB and will wait 7 or so days to feed my parahybana.

also if you want a really pretty T that webs up its container nice i suggest you get a GBB great little Ts that eats like its going outta fashion. when i feed mine the cricket is lucky if it lasts half a second.

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You should deffinantly get a Parahybana!
also if you want a really pretty T that webs up its container nice i suggest you get a GBB great little Ts that eats like its going outta fashion. when i feed mine the cricket is lucky if it lasts half a second.
Kuro, you're aiding and abetting my addiction - at the rate I'm going, with your encouragement, I'm going to double my T count soon .. (and I was only planning to have a Chaco and a Red Knee and that was going to be IT {D )

thanks (I think!!!)