First feed of the new year and new molt of spairy

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
It's pretty common behavior. I'm not sure if it's to make the prey hold together better while being eaten or what, but it's a working theory.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
They roll up the non-liquid parts of the bug into a bolus when they're done eating, and then usually stash it in a corner someplace. The venom helps to partially digest the liquid parts of the bug too.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Ugh. I hate seeing mammals or birds being fed to Ts. There's no real need for it (plus, it smells bad really quickly.)

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I've stumbled across it on youtube before. Someone fed a parakeet to an L. klugi. I wish I could unsee it. :(
What. The fudge.
I recently developed an insatiable love for parrots and that just makes me wanna break something D: WHO WOULD FEED A PARAKEET TO A TARANTULA? AN ADORABLE INTELLIGENT SOCIAL ANIMAL DOESN'T DESERVE THAT! THAT GUY SHOULD JUST

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Ugh. I hate seeing mammals or birds being fed to Ts. There's no real need for it (plus, it smells bad really quickly.)
I can imagine myself feeding a frozen feeder mouse to a female to fatten her up for a pairing, but otherwise there'd be no reason for it other than to see a fight tarantula vs mouse. But that's retarded.

Amos aranha

Arachnosquire
Sorry guys but i have too much rats and she is helping me get the population down. I feel pity too but this rats stinks more after they grow up than beeing food

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Sorry guys but i have too much rats and she is helping me get the population down. I feel pity too but this rats stinks more after they grow up than beeing food
Then just separate the males and females and keep them apart! The difference between the sexes is very obvious from a young age so that doesn't have to be the reason you're feeding live pinkies.
Today she is really fat the abdomem is really bigger
You don't say... :shifty: