Fire resistant plywood safe for reptile enclosure?

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
I have access to 7 sheets of 1/2" fire resistant plywood for practically free, but I'm a little concerned with what may be used to make it fire resistant. I'll be using it to build an 8'x4'x6' enclosure for a mangrove monitor. It will be coated with 3 coats of Drylok and then all the seems will be caulked. With the Drylok, it should be safe, right?

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
A bit off topic: Caulking compound is quite soft, and monitors love clawing corners. He’ll probably tear it out soon. When I built my Argus enclosure, I used straight fiberglass resin over the seams, and a layer of marine topside coating. Much more varanid-resistant;)

Trenor

Arachnoprince
@The Snark @Trenor @cold blood Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
I don't know a lot about it and haven't done a lot of research but chemicals such as diammonium hydrogen phosphate are used in fire retardent plywood. I'd check out the manufacture and see what they list if possible. Then look that up to see what it's all about. Sorry I can't be more help. Good luck on the project and let us know how it goes.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Just be sure to keep a close eye on your lizard for any evidence of problems. If you notice anything abnormal, go with your gut. Please don’t wait.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Just be sure to keep a close eye on your lizard for any evidence of problems. If you notice anything abnormal, go with your gut. Please don’t wait.
Definitely gonna monitor him/her extremely closely for a while. I think i'm going to go ahead and use it. The one chemical Trenor listed seems to only be harmful if it's ingested or in direct contact with sensitive areas such as eyes. Plus the stuff is safe to be used in human living spaces so I'm thinking with 3 really good coats of Drylok, it should be good. I may pick up some crickets and do the cricket test just in case.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
It could be any of a number of fire retardant chemicals. However, one of the requirements of fire retardants is that it is inert. It won't degrade or leech into the environment. So providing the animal isn't eating the wood you are most likely safe.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
It could be any of a number of fire retardant chemicals. However, one of the requirements of fire retardants is that it is inert. It won't degrade or leech into the environment. So providing the animal isn't eating the wood you are most likely safe.
That's what I was hoping, Thanks!