1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fire in his new home

Discussion in 'Not So Spineless Wonders' started by fangsalot, Nov 7, 2005.

1. fangsalot

fangsalot Arachnobaron Old Timer

Advertisement
    just set it up,what do you think?[​IMG]

2. P. Novak

P. Novak ArachnoGod Old Timer

Wow Very Nice I Like It I Like It!

3. jonnysebachi

jonnysebachi Arachnosquire Old Timer

Looks very natural, good job

4. Arlius

Arlius Arachnodemon Old Timer

At first I was thinking one of your crits had a fire in its enclosure, shoulda remembered... Nice btw.

5. ilovebugs

ilovebugs Arachnobaron Old Timer

wow, that was fast. and very nice too.

6. Crunchie

Crunchie Arachnoangel Old Timer

Looks like a great set up! Well done! :)

7. ChrisNCT

ChrisNCT Arachnoprince Old Timer

Very nice setup and coloration!

8. Malkavian

Malkavian Arachnolord Old Timer

Nicely planted. What kind of moss is that?

9. moricollins

moricollins Arachnoprince Old Timer

10. Anthony

Anthony Arachnoknight Old Timer

Very nice, you should have a happy salamander

11. fangsalot

fangsalot Arachnobaron Old Timer

just that regular spaghnum moss you get at pet stores or garden centers.its temporary till i find live pillowmoss or better.any suggestions where to find great live moss.i tryed blackjungle.com but to no avail

12. Kid Dragon

Kid Dragon Arachnoprince Old Timer

Very beautiful terrarium. I use to keep salamanders like that, but I've had more success keeping them in muck.

It doesn't look as nice, and it sounds crazy, but its effective. My salamanders are kept in a moist mixture of soil and spaghnum. I have a water dish in the tank, but they spend 90% of the time burried in the mud. A vendor at a reptile show talked me into trying it because he had the best success with this setup type.

Add crickets and they poke up their heads to eat while still under the dirt. They walk the surface covered in the muck. Sounds gross, but they are in their element and thriving.

I had a beautiful half land-half water setup with a filter, and my salamanders would last about a year. Now they are going on three years in the mucky muck.