Finaly found out what these lil gem's are (homeomma sp.

MichiganHerp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have been on a never ending serch to find out exactly what these are....i found them for the first time last night on a web page ....but all i can say is they are now my new fav T and are a wonderful lil gem to keep i have 5 of them and love them all ......scientific name on these guy as fallows..(Homeomma Brazilianum) identified by (chamberlin 1917)...but other then, that i cant find anything on them other then i know they like to burrow and and are from the andies mountains in brazil.....and they are pretty docile.

i hope you like them as much as me {D

Homeomma brazilianum (female)he name is *zoe*

thanks for looking

Bearo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nice :) how big?

are they Homeomma sp. "Blau" and have got a sientific name now or is it another spider in the same genus?

priZZ

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I think both of You speak about the species, that are available under the name Homoeomma sp. "blue", but they are also sold under another variety of names: Paraphysa sp., Grammostola sp. etc.

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Or Cyclosternum sp. "Cobalt red rump." Also sometimes called a Chromatopelma species, depends on who you're talking to.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Homoeomma, are you in denial? :)

What distinguishes brasilianum from villosum, uruguayense, strabo, simono, familiare, elegance, etc? And how, as noted, does it relate to Homoeomma sp. 'blue' and sp. 'Peru'?

Personally I think they look mostly alike Paraphysa scrofa, but I am a jackhammer in a taxonomist-world of laser-cutters.

Edit. Curseit! Two posters above me just becuase of the glitchiness of these boards or the connection between me and them.

Last edited:

Greaper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Gosh, Cobalt Red Rump is truely to me one of the most beautiful T's :D

Bearo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
laila said:
And you forgot; they're also sold as Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi.....
Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi = Homoeomma sp. "blau" ?
weird, Herwig sold both of them and I had a look and they dont seem to look the same.. :?

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
*sigh* ;) spider at the start of the thread is most lightly what is called Homeomma.sp "Peru" (also called a Cyclosternum.sp as pointed out) and also as pointed the spider sold as pet trade E.pulcherrimaklaasi is Homoeomma. sp "blau" it's not the same thing as Homeomma.sp "Peru" tho.