1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally...our Classroom Invert Zoo!

Discussion in 'Zoo Trips (Man Made Habitats)' started by Raventears, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Raventears

Raventears Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    {DI hope this is the right place to post this, but our classroom invert zoo website is FINALLY up and running! I am working on putting up the pics the kiddos took of our current livestock, so bare with me, but it should be up and viewable now. :eek:) Please sign our guest book, become a member, and help spread the work that inverts are being studied and cared for (loved by most of our students) down in Canutillo, Texas! Thank you for the time and continued suport of our Entomology program!
    Keeley Leigh Muncrief
    Horticulture/Entomology teacher/FFA Advisor, CHS

website is: http://ourinvertzoo.webs.com/
    Thanks again for your visit to our zoo...in advance!:D

2. endoflove

endoflove Arachnoknight

hey thats great LOL! i wanna see pics and my little rosie agian :) take good care of her!

3. Good for you! Sharing creatures with the youngsters always reminds me of the excitement I had when I first got into the hobby.

4. Great initiative! Many youngsters just see spiders as scary creatures that need to be killed, its good to make them understand the wonders of nature :clap:
    I visit my children's school also to teach them about arachnids and scorpions. Keep up the good work!

5. RoachGirlRen

RoachGirlRen Arachnoangel

Very cool! I applaud your efforts to teach children that invertebrates are fascinating rather than "icky." Way to go! Keep up the good work.

6. Great! just whatch those children so they dont get near that OBT :)

7. Widowman10

Widowman10 Arachnoemperor

nice! saw on your website you had a wolf, and were wondering the ID? if you haven't figured it out already, it's most likely a Hogna carolinensis. they are amazing, the kids will prob love that one! very cool. wish my teachers would have done this...

8. TomM

TomM Arachnobaron Active Member

+100...The coolest class pet I had was a blue crayfish in 3rd grade. He was okay, but tarantulas would have been better.

9. Awesome. They are so beautiful...wish we had them in my high school! :)

10. Pulk

Pulk Arachnoprince

You have an OBT in a high school classroom? :eek:
    I went to an unusually tasteful HS and I wouldn't trust my peers around one of those... good luck/congratulations.

11. The site looks great! I love the combined benefit of this. Apart from having great teaching aids and educating the kids, you're educating the public and giving the kids the tools to do so as well. Even the website is an ongoing project itself. Very very cool. Nice job!

Knight in Gale

12. kylestl

kylestl Arachnosquire

Is that a phoneutria on the home page? I would watch having that in classroom if it is.

13. loxoscelesfear

loxoscelesfear Arachnoangel Old Timer

as widowman10 stated over a year ago :eek:, Carolina wolf indeed