Finally held the L. para!

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This girl is the biggest of my 3 parahybana's and a couple of molts back, I was a little gunshy to try and hold her as she was really Bitey! You could'nt even get your shadow over her without her pulling a threat pose and/or kicking hair a few times at you.
She seems to have mellowed a bit after this last molt in January so tonight I decided I'd see if she wanted to go for a walk. It took a little prompting to get her to even step onto my hand. She would touch it with a foot and then pull back and turn to go another way. My hide must be too rough:razz: .
She finally took a few steps though and once she got on board she was fine.
She's close to 7" now, but of course-looks bigger in person than in these pics!

She's checking the texture of my meathook:

-there she goes!

-checking my watch to see if its time to eat:

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
She's gorgeous! Congrats on the progress lol

bamato

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I just did this with my 7" LP about 3 weeks ago. She was a kitten :) A little nervous, but very friendly :)

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just did this with my 7" LP about 3 weeks ago. She was a kitten :) A little nervous, but very friendly :)
LOL-Yeah, mine was acting a little wierd too. She was tapping with her front legs, testing the surface before she would take a step. She really did not want to crawl onto my hand/arm at all and took several tries before she did....I know i've had my weekly bath so it could'nt have been B.O.:rolleyes::D

MorbidPh8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
She's beautiful! I can't wait till my LPs are that big. There only 3" atm. I figure it would be safer to hold them when there larger like yours.