Finally got a scorpion again

Chris Geckos

Arachnopeon
Haven't had any pets that weren't reptiles in years, as my girlfriend's generally not a fan of critters with more than 4 legs. Struck a deal at the Repticon show yesterday in Columbia SC, she could get her axolotl if I could get a scorpion again (I knew it would be A WAY easier argument than trying to get a T). Long story short, I end up at Pincers&Pokies booth, which is funny because we both live in Summerville.
Anyway, I ended up getting a S. vachonii vachonii. I read all the care sheets I could find online, not that there's very many specific to that species. I've currently got it set up in a 5.5gal tank, with coarse sand & stacks of slate pieces. Should I change anything? How big do they get, as I can't find that info anywhere it seems. I tried to upload pics, but they're too big.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Congrats on your purchase and welcome back to the hobby. First I want to state that I do not and have not kept this species. However, I assume that the care would be like any other desert scorpion. Make sure they have a water dish, you can use a bottle cap for example. Also, you want to be careful that the sand you use isn’t calcium sand, since it seems to be detrimental to inverts. It may want to burrow also. Sand mixed with excavation clay works well for that.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
They are rock dwellers so stacked and vertical rock is perfect. Keep bone dry. Adults get fairly big. They have massive claws and are a very cool species to keep.

NYAN

Arachnoking
They are rock dwellers so stacked and vertical rock is perfect. Keep bone dry. Adults get fairly big. They have massive claws and are a very cool species to keep.
I stand corrected then.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Your recommendation of a water cap is spot on.