Finally- A Spider Room!

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So we got a house (a year earlier than expected) and I got my spider room. Ironically, I'm now considering downsizing my collection a bit to focus on my favorite species. But having the room is still wonderful, as I've already acquired a pac man frog and will probably end up rescuing a few reptiles.

Old set up in our apartment. Having the critters in the living room made some visitors nervous and even kept some from coming over.

New critter room, before we painted it.

Painted and filled.

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh, you have LOTS of room for more neato T's.....:D
Good decision on getting rid of the citrus green, though! lolol!
Congrats on the new house! :clap:

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah, bright green with mustard yellow trim made me nauseated every time i went in the room.

the previous tenants (renting from the owners) also painting very sloppy (lumpy) and painted directly over the outlets, outlet covers, light switches and switch covers. they did this in SEVERAL rooms of the house. so we spent 2 days repainting everything except the bathrooms, closets and kitchen (which will all be renovated). :eek:

there's actually room for 2 more racks, too ;)

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats! I wish I could have a spider room. My husband and I are starting to get squeezed out of the bedroom...

You did a great job and it looks like you have room for a lot more!

daniel15

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
woah! i hope i could also have a spider room for myself. hehe you got a very nice spider room, hehe

Eclipse

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I see that you are also a Gir fan :). Nice room, I sadly have to keep whatever I can on top 2 drawers and so far a 10 gal tank has taken up one of the drawers. My parents are so paranoid.

fangsalot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i kinda liked the green,lol.i would of kept the green as the background and painted big ol' rainforest leaves all over...i know im tacky.lol.awesome room!

hardlucktattoo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i kinda liked the green,lol.i would of kept the green as the background and painted big ol' rainforest leaves all over...i know im tacky.lol.awesome room!
I agree I totally would have kept the green but to each their own. I have a quick question though, Where do you get your Ts ? I live in Wilson which is about an hour east of you and I have the worst time finding anyone to get Ts from where they dont have to be shipped. Congrats on the house by the way

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i receive most of my tarantulas from shippers (pm me for names). only a couple were picked up at stores or expos.

i admit, the green wasn't bad, but the paint job was poor (the picture doesn't do it justice). but be in there for more than 5 minutes, and you'd start to get a headache from the colors. it's not a very big room, so it can be a little overpowering. ;)