few suggestions please?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's definitely at the top of my want list now, just couldn't see spending my entire budget on just one. Besides pulchra 'was' on top of the list. So, Going to keep my eyes open and hope for a juvenile or maybe even a sub adult in future. :)
I read your words "large sum of money". It helps in the future to provide readers w/your budget. Otherwise we suggest things that are not viable, and that's a waste of time, when one could suggest something within your budge if it was previously known. ;)

It's a bit like telling us you want a "pretty" T. Subjective terminology isn't helpful when one wants suggestions. Pretty to me, is garbage to you etc.

Kymura

Arachnoknight
I read your words "large sum of money". It helps in the future to provide readers w/your budget. Otherwise we suggest things that are not viable, and that's a waste of time, when one could suggest something within your budge if it was previously known. ;)

It's a bit like telling us you want a "pretty" T. Subjective terminology isn't helpful when one wants suggestions. Pretty to me, is garbage to you etc.
I thought the same which is why I mentioned it in the OP :rolleyes:
I am also going to treat myself to a few T's..don't want to spend more than a couple hundred ..so, I'm in the market for..

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
If you go M. Balfouri then I would get it as sling. They are very interesting to watch over the time. Watching them grow is the best bit :D

Kymura

Arachnoknight
If you go M. Balfouri then I would get it as sling. They are very interesting to watch over the time. Watching them grow is the best bit :D
Got one ordered. It's a little one ;)looking forward to watching it grow :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
A C.marshalli (I suggest a juve female) if you don't have one already, trust me. Watching the horn in pictures isn't the same thing like IRL molt after molt.

Oh, and a Goddess :angelic: <-- I know it's a 'pet hole' but it's the Goddess :-s

Last edited:

Kymura

Arachnoknight
A C.marshalli (I suggest a juve female) if you don't have one already, trust me. Watching the horn in pictures isn't the same thing like IRL molt after molt.

Oh, and a Goddess :angelic: <-- I know it's a 'pet hole' but it's the Goddess :-s
~ I kneel to her omnipresent glory and bow my head in reverence,
in future I will create a perfect world and beg her to grace it with her glory.~

I actually do really want one of the horned T's, may look for some slings of those as well :D

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
~ I kneel to her omnipresent glory and bow my head in reverence,
in future I will create a perfect world and beg her to grace it with her glory.~

I actually do really want one of the horned T's, may look for some slings of those as well :D
Ceratogyrus, very inexpensive as slings, I've owned 3 species with horns from that genus, well worth it.

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Ceratogyrus, very inexpensive as slings, I've owned 3 species with horns from that genus, well worth it.
Good, going to look at a few images and seek a bit of info on them then. :) thanks ^.~

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Got one ordered. It's a little one ;)looking forward to watching it grow :)
They aren't as slow as Brachy's, but they are not as fast as many other OWs when kept at 75F. They also don't get that fat abdomen look like NWs and some African OWs get. It makes it a bit challenging in the beginning to determine how well fed they are IME.

Eek

Arachnosquire
Do you plan on breeding any of your T's?
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with your initial collection so I cant say for certain what you have...is there a list somewhere?
Kudos to your funds, sorry for your loss, and cheers with your future T's.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Good, going to look at a few images and seek a bit of info on them then. :) thanks ^.~
Sweet. They are the best "beginner" OW genus, can be pet holes more often than not. C. marshalli has the largest horn. Also another great OW species to begin with but more pricey, I. mira (that's a pethole). I posted some pics on AB a few days ago. I. mira is the only trap door tarantula known to man to my knowledge, good vids of them on YouTube.

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Do you plan on breeding any of your T's?
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with your initial collection so I cant say for certain what you have...is there a list somewhere?
Kudos to your funds, sorry for your loss, and cheers with your future T's.
It's on my information page under profile. Post it here though to make things easier.
Most aren't sexed because they always seem to destroy the exo before I get it. Not actively planning on breeding. Perhaps one day in the future.
Aphonopelma hentzi--0.0.1
Aphonopelma anax --0.0.1
Avicularia avicularia--0.1.1
Avicularia versicolor--0.0.1
Brachypelma albopilosum--0.0.1
Brachypelma emilia--0.0.1
Brachypelma vagans--0.0.1
Grammostola porteri--0.1.1
Grammostola pulchripes--0.0.1
Grammostola rosea--0.0.1
Hapalopus sp Colombia--0.0.1
Lasiodora parahybana--0.0.1
Nhandu chromatus--0.0.1
Lampropelma* violaceopes-0.0.1
Psalmopoeus cambridgei--0.0.1
Psalmopoeus irminia--0.0.2.
Thrixopelma ockerti--0.0.1

Kymura

Arachnoknight
They aren't as slow as Brachy's, but they are not as fast as many other OWs when kept at 75F. They also don't get that fat abdomen look like NWs and some African OWs get. It makes it a bit challenging in the beginning to determine how well fed they are IME.
Good info to know. I worry if babies look thin. So appreciate the heads up.
My worst T at the moment isn't an old world. Adult female porteri who would sooner go after you then anything else. She's just honestly so territorial that she will attack....preferably you! Slaps poses flashes her fangs. Darts at you, Love her tho she's a pretty girl. :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Good info to know. I worry if babies look thin. So appreciate the heads up.
My worst T at the moment isn't an old world. Adult female porteri who would sooner go after you then anything else. She's just honestly so territorial that she will attack. Love her tho she's a pretty girl. :)
I was in the same boat as you w/my balfouri. I was hovering concerned they were looking too thin. After looking at pictures more carefully and talking to some owners I don't worry as much. Same issue w/my Rose Hair, I hope it's a male!

mistertim

Arachnobaron
I'm gonna rock the boat a bit and suggest something different (non-tarantula)..... Linothele megatheloides. Just ordered a sling recently and should get it soon. :D

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Personally...that's Way high $ impo ...for a small sling. May wait if I'm going to shell out that much and add a bit get a juvenile.

Meanwhile :) :) :)
I have a pre-order however :)
Going to share it as I'm excited so far :D
From a fellow forum member :)
So far...
0.1 genic (3.5"),
G pulchra juvenile (looks girly not molt confirmed yet squeals!)
0.1 Hapalopus sp Columbia small (1.5")
M. balfouri (1.5")
Phrixotrichus scrofa 1/4"
Phormictopus cancerides 1.5"
GBB sling (Because....Web!)
P regalis (soon as they start eating)

Still want some N incei :p
Add an adult female E. murinus to this, she's on hold for me
(she's gorgeous BTW)
And....:embarrassed: Still shopping...

Eek

Arachnosquire
One humble suggestion I would make is to possibly invest in a good IP video camera with nightvision. I've had great joy in watching and recording my 8-legged friends when they are most active.

Kymura

Arachnoknight
One humble suggestion I would make is to possibly invest in a good IP video camera with nightvision. I've had great joy in watching and recording my 8-legged friends when they are most active.
Thanks much for the suggestion,
I have some issues with insomnia and generally am up till the wee hours. My T's bring me endless hours of enjoyment just watching them. Generally have one or two on my desk, the monitor as the only light, busy little guys once the lights are out.