few questions before i get my 1st scorp-emp

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
im gonna get an emperor just a few questions. How is a 10g take for size? Also ive noticed alot of people to like 2in of gravel and run water down to it with a toob, should i do this? Then im trying to decide what to put on top of that, im thinking some jungle earth perhaps? What about just plan potting soil like from walmart, would that work? In the cage i dont want to over do it, im thinking 1 hide, a live plant or two, and water. hows that sound, any suggestions. And with a 10g and the set up ive talked about how often do they need to be cleaned? It seems like a pretty big thing when theres so much substrate and living plants. Anyway im probably gonna get the whole cage set up first and make sure i get my temps and hum. right. Then when i get some more money(i owe my mom money cause i just bought a cornsnake) i will go pick up my emperor, i can wait! but yea, any comments or suggestions please let me know!!!!

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
10g is a good size for an emp, Yes you should use a false bottom set-up, For substrate use coco-fiber, peat, or potting soil that has no fertilizers or pesticides. I would opt not to use live plants just get some good looking fake ones, A lot less work. Everything else is fine.

thesupermonkey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ryan,
It's good that you've been reading up on the subject. You're already a step ahead of where I was when I started. Just be prepared, it's an additictive hobby!

Leiurus87

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
if you wish to go communal a good rule to follow is 5 gallons of tank per scorpion with two times as many hides as there are scorpions. if you add another one later on, clean the tank to eliminate territorial claims.

nine livez

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
5galon would be perfect, i have about 25 emps in a 25gallon aquarium. i can get emps for $25 each, but 5 and get a deal.... pm me.....

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yea i think ill get a 5g....any sites you recommend for good prices?

nine livez

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
JungleGuts said:
yea i think ill get a 5g....any sites you recommend for good prices?

only if u buy a few at the time cheapest i have seen them is for$8 each

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
looks like i might be able to get my emperor sooner than i thought(money issues). because my dad works in the landscape buisness...he's gonna get me some peagravel and soil...so that will help some:)